Page 123 of 323 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Tac Assault holster proves a notion that if something is said to do it all, it does nothing well. No offense to WC, I like their stuff but this one is a pass.
    Pretty much sums up my experience with the Tac Assault. I keep one around as a spare range holster, but I wouldn't think of carrying with it.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    YVK/GJM, thanks for the info. So a dual holster is out, I'm completely OK with that, and I'm focusing on the Brig Tac. I'll get the BladeTech for IDPA, so I'm left looking for IWB. I know from experience carrying a CQBE for a year that I don't want to carry this 40+ ounce gun AIWB. Due to the weight, I'm looking for a VM2, but below are the only models I can find available. Are they compatible?

Standard Brigadier?
    92G Elite II?
    92G-SD?
    92G-SD would be the closest match

Site Supporter
    FWIW, I was messing around with a 92FS Compact and a Wolff hammer spring assortment a few months ago. This was a new gun, with less than 100 rounds fired, and not much dry fire on it.

Here are the resulting trigger pull weights, as measured by a Lyman digital gauge:

Mainspring..........SA pull.................DA pull
    OEM .................... 5.5 lb .............. approx 13 lb. (exceeded gauge range)
    19 lb/in ............... 5.2 lb ............... 12 lb
    18 lb/in ............... 5.1 lb ............... 11.5 lb
    17 lb/in ............... 5.0 lb ............... 11.1 lb
    16 lb/in ............... 4.6 lb ............... 10.4 lb

After lightly dressing the sear (i.e. just enough to clean off the machine marks, and not changing any geometry), and hammer sides (not the sear hooks!), I reinstalled the 18 lb/in spring. DA measured 11.2 lb, and SA 4.6 lb.

I’ve since replaced the 18# with a “D” mainspring, and swapped in a factory metal trigger in place of the plastic one.
    After more dry fire, it measured at what I consider a very sweet 8.3 lb DA, and 4.2 lb SA.

The slide is currently at Wilson's, awaiting a "G" conversion and a rear sight.
    Last edited by Dave J; 11-07-2015 at 01:29 AM. Reason: table formatting

I've had really good success with the Wolff 13lb mainspring in my Centurion Turkish clone. No light strikes at all through a variety of ammo. Also, if you are polishing parts don't for get the trigger bar. Polishing the contact points, underside of the flats, pin and rear contact points. I did that and the other parts mentioned above and it made a huge difference on my Turkish gun.

Good info Dave.

So, I was getting ready to swap out the D spring in my Brig Tac for a spare 14# I have laying around, and I noticed that my barrel appears to be shorter than others. Not being sure exactly how they're measured, I haven't measured it. Either way, I don't mind it, actually really like it, but it seems shorter. What do you think?

YVK/GJM, thanks for the info. So a dual holster is out, I'm completely OK with that, and I'm focusing on the Brig Tac. I'll get the BladeTech for IDPA, so I'm left looking for IWB. I know from experience carrying a CQBE for a year that I don't want to carry this 40+ ounce gun AIWB. Due to the weight, I'm looking for a VM2, but below are the only models I can find available. Are they compatible?

Standard Brigadier?
    92G Elite II?
    92G-SD?
    I don't know, don't have anything IWB but, as a general observation, not one of my concealment holsters works with a Beretta model other than the one it was made for.

Standard Brigadier?
    92G Elite II?
    92G-SD?
    Brigadier/Elite II will not work. Both dustcovers omit the rail .

92G/SD is essentially a Beretta USA BrigTac minus the WC goodies, so that's the one I'd say SHOULD fit. Ymmv, void where prohibited, not responsible for advice, etc yadda yadda.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Brig Tac is essentially a G-SD with a rounded trigger guard.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Thanks for the info. So only the G-SD "may" work, that's what I'll look for.

Any input on the barrel length pictures I posted above?

I like it.

User Tag List