Page 114 of 323 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Does the Vertec use a different hammer strut than the regular framed 92's or is mine out of spec? Regular Beretta springs go right in just fine. Wilson chrome silicon springs will not fit around my Vertec hammer strut at all. First I suspected the spring was out of spec, but it went right in the next one I tried it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Does the Vertec use a different hammer strut than the regular framed 92's or is mine out of spec? Regular Beretta springs go right in just fine. Wilson chrome silicon springs will not fit around my Vertec hammer strut at all. First I suspected the spring was out of spec, but it went right in the next one I tried it in.
    I'm running a 16# WC hammer spring in my Vertec...It went right in, of course I had also switched hammers to a Elite II hammer at the time, and a all steel trigger, but had no problems installing anything.

That's the exact hammer spring, hammer, etc I've got in my Vertec. My hammer strut must be out of spec or something.

Site Supporter
    I just noticed that Wilson has introduced flat wire recoil springs for the 92-series guns.

Full Size

Compact/Centurion

Anyone tried one out yet?
    Last edited by Dave J; 10-17-2015 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave J View Post
    I just noticed that Wilson has introduced flat wire recoil springs for the 92-series guns.

Full Size

Compact/Centurion

Anyone tried one out yet?
    yep, and good.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    yep, and good.
    Is the use of the shok-buff a requirement with this set up? I've never been a fan of them..

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Is the use of the shok-buff a requirement with this set up? I've never been a fan of them..
    Nope.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Nope.
    Thanks! I'm going to give one some serious thought.. Not sure I buy into the idea of it being the last recoil spring you'll buy for your Beretta 92, But if it can last as long as say, a HK recoil spring (20,000rnds) I'd be happy..
    Last edited by ralph; 10-17-2015 at 09:30 PM.

Thanks! I'm going to give one some serious thought.. Not sure I buy into the idea of it being the last recoil spring you'll buy for your Beretta 92, But if it can last as long as say, a HK recoil spring (20,000rnds) I'd be happy..
    This was not my experience with Wilson's flatwire spring for the 1911, far from it. I won't waste my money giving it another go with the 92.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 10-18-2015 at 09:56 AM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

I've got a couple of these - on my carry gun, I run an 11.5# flat spring... Seems ok.

For the competition guns, they don't make 'em light enough. 9# Wolff is still the go-to.

User Tag List