Page 159 of 323 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209259 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

I can sympathize with issues regarding the decocker placement.

It's very natural for me to decock SIGs after every string of fire, between movements, etc. Impossible for me to do it fluidly with an FS series because of the extra step off safe. I could do it with the G series guns I tried at an Ernesto class, but it wasn't quite as "right" feeling as a SIG to me. Could just be number of reps, familiarity.

I can definitely see it being tougher for one with smaller paws.

I want a 92 really badly, but I'm holding out for something with a Vertec grip and G series ability.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    Could just be number of reps, familiarity.
    That's most likely what it is, but ya know, different strokes for different folks. I learned to shoot a pistol on the 92 platform, so it's always sort of been natural to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    Disassembly and maintenance of the Beretta is not overly complicated. I just follow the video's and use a big plastic bag when working on the slide bits.

Just keep in mind that with G-guns, you need to depress the decock lever spring before you can rotate the decocking lever "upwards"...

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Just keep in mind that with G-guns, you need to depress the decock lever spring before you can rotate the decocking lever "upwards"...
    Thanks for that tip. I've never actually removed a G Lever but I have done an F model.

When I went through the armorers school oh so many years ago the instructor "Van" indicated re staking is a necessity. On those agency Berettas that I subsequently had to service they were re-staked. As for the safety issues...D model is where it's at!

Quote Originally Posted by FotoTomas View Post
    When I went through the armorers school oh so many years ago the instructor "Van" indicated re staking is a necessity. On those agency Berettas that I subsequently had to service they were re-staked. As for the safety issues...D model is where it's at!
    Liability necessity or... Just say'n

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Liability necessity or... Just say'n
    Quite possible a simple CYA. Most CYA recommendations have a basis in fact as well. I have had Beretta pins give me problems in the past and staking was necessary. I recently (Last month) had a used Beretta 950 that had a creeping pin problem in the frame. Pin would creep and the slide lock up. Staked the pin and no more problems. Seems to me it is a thing that is better to do than not to do especially if they recommend it in the armorers class. To each their own.

More M9A3 parts showing up on the Beretta website, including the rubber wrap around grip, ammo box style hard case, and '92A3' magazines with the FDE basepad. 17 round PVD coated sand-resistant magazines had appeared previously, but with the black base pad. By my math the FDE basepad costs $5 extra...and I'm not a big fan of the 17 round magazines to being with.

So long as Beretta is selling miscellaneous M9A3 parts...how about some factory threaded barrels? Beretta?

Last edited by JSGlock34; 04-30-2016 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Math
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Vending Machine Operator

Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    More M9A3 parts showing up on the Beretta website, including the rubber wrap around grip, ammo box style hard case, and '92A3' magazines with the FDE basepad. 17 round PVD coated sand-resistant magazines had appeared previously, but with the black base pad. By my math the FDE basepad costs $5 extra...and I'm not a big fan of the 17 round magazines to being with.

So long as Beretta is selling miscellaneous M9A3 parts...how about some factory threaded barrels? Beretta?

You know, I own 5-6 of the Beretta factory 17 rounders and the 18 round Mec Gars, and I never had an issue but I've switched back to the factory 15-rounders. About as proven as it gets and the insert/eject is always super positive.

Getting excited to see more parts though. I'm ready to own an M9A3.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 04-30-2016 at 03:40 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    You know, I own 5-6 of the Beretta factory 17 rounders and the 18 round Mec Gars, and I never had an issue but I've switched back to the factory 15-rounders. About as proven as it gets and the insert/eject is always super positive.

Getting excited to see more parts though. I'm ready to own an M9A3.
    I've posted elsewhere on my issues with the 17 round base pads. Having cracked all three of the ones I owned for a 100% failure rate and with spare base pads expensive and difficult to find, I don't recommend the 17s and wouldn't purchase them again. With CDNN periodically selling the MecGar 18 round magazines for under $17/each, I see no reason to buy anything else.

No issues with any of my OEM 15 rounders though. Solid magazines.
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 04-30-2016 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Added link
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List