Page 224 of 323 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234274 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    Question About 92 Compact Parts:
    I have a 92 Compact arriving tomorrow, and already ordered all the WC and Beretta parts I used on my M9: Steel Trigger and D spring, skeletonized hammer, WC reduced power trigger spring, WC decocker, and a WC fluted guide rod. Are these parts from the M9 compatible with the 92 Compact? The only questionable items would be the guide rod and WC trigger conversion spring, and maybe the D spring. TIA!
    I don't know about all the parts, but the mainspring should work fine in the Compact. I will know tonight since I plan to install one. The guide rod in mine appears to be metal or at least a much more substantial plastic part than what I've seen in some of the 92 models so I think I will keep it.

Site Supporter

Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Question About 92 Compact Parts:
    I have a 92 Compact arriving tomorrow, and already ordered all the WC and Beretta parts I used on my M9: Steel Trigger and D spring, skeletonized hammer, WC reduced power trigger spring, WC decocker, and a WC fluted guide rod. Are these parts from the M9 compatible with the 92 Compact? The only questionable items would be the guide rod and WC trigger conversion spring, and maybe the D spring. TIA!
    WC offers a compact version of the guide rod. I'd assume they'd let you exchange it. (Like Robinson, I didn't feel the need to change out the solid OEM guide rod on my newer (2015) Compact. My older Centurion, however, had a hollow 2-piece rod, that IMHO was worth upgrading.)

All the other parts will fit just fine on your compact.
    Last edited by Dave J; 10-04-2017 at 03:44 PM.

Thanks Guys! I’ll get some pics of both pistols after the parts arrive Friday/Saturday. My M9 is a joy to shoot, and I even carry it IWB with Beretta’s hybrid holster.

Thanks Guys! I’ll get some pics of both pistols after the parts arrive Friday/Saturday. My M9 is a joy to shoot, and I even carry it IWB with Beretta’s hybrid holster.
    Everyone's choice of holster is pretty personal. That being said, I would really encourage you to read up on hybrid holsters and reevaluate your holster choice. I carried in a hybrid for years, but when I started seriously dry fire training I found it to be extremely hindering. Additionally, their retention and fit break down severely over time. What's comfortable now, and doesn't print likely wont be as comfy and concealed in the future.

-Cory

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    Everyone's choice of holster is pretty personal. That being said, I would really encourage you to read up on hybrid holsters and reevaluate your holster choice. I carried in a hybrid for years, but when I started seriously dry fire training I found it to be extremely hindering. Additionally, their retention and fit break down severely over time. What's comfortable now, and doesn't print likely wont be as comfy and concealed in the future.

-Cory
    Hi Cory,
    I’ve tried full kydex holsters, but never found one that I could wear longer than 15 minutes. Having said that, I wouldn’t have considered IWB carry a year ago.
    P.S Beretta’s hybrid is one of the few that I like. It has a minimum amount of leather, and the M9 doesn’t hang up like pistols do on my Foxx hybrids.
    Last edited by FrankB; 10-04-2017 at 08:42 PM.

Hi Cory,
    I’ve tried full kydex holsters, but never found one that I could wear longer than 15 minutes. Having said that, I wouldn’t have considered IWB carry a year ago.
    That's cool too man. It's something I tried for a few years and it wound up holding me back, and I can think of a few SME who advise against it so I thought I'd pass along some info. But, it's a personal thing and if it works for you and you dig it, cool. I'll be picking up my Langdon M9 sometime this month and I'm looking forward to my first personally owned M9. Somethin bout a Beretta...

-Cory
    Last edited by Cory; 10-04-2017 at 08:47 PM.

Site Supporter
    Well I installed a Wilson Combat 16# hammer spring and ultra thin grips tonight on my 92 Compact. I like them both so far. The spring was a pain to install -- the lanyard retaining pin was very stubborn coming out and going back in. But it works fine, with a nice reduction in trigger weight.

Did you polish the end of your spring before installing?

As a Beretta nerd I found this video pretty interesting. Highlights the differences in the M9, M9A1 and M9A3. Also discusses the M9A2 (which I'd never heard of previously), differences in the locking block generations, the switch to a larger hammer pin that captures the slide in the event of a breakage, etc. Lots of good details and I enjoyed watching.

Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    As a Beretta nerd I found this video pretty interesting. Highlights the differences in the M9, M9A1 and M9A3. Also discusses the M9A2 (which I'd never heard of previously), differences in the locking block generations, the switch to a larger hammer pin that captures the slide in the event of a breakage, etc. Lots of good details and I enjoyed watching.

Agreed. Bartocci has some very informative videos. His video called "Fact vs Fantasy - Beretta M9/92FS" is also good:

Last edited by BJV; 10-05-2017 at 09:00 AM.

User Tag List