Page 259 of 259 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259
Results 2,581 to 2,589 of 2589

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    If you are handy w/ tools it's not to difficult to drill a B92 fixed front sight for FO. this is my 92G
    20180921_073216 by craig stuard, on Flickr
    Dang, I need to take another picture now that I have touched up my goof. Do the cross filing first. The the drilling is easier since less metal to get through. One of the common FO diameters is .060 inch. So I used a standard 1/16 inch (.0625"). I got a piece of 1/4" brass rod about 7 inches long. Drilled a hole in the end w/ the 1/16" bit. Installed the bit in the end of the rod and hit it w/ a hammer a couple times. When it started to move in the rod I pulled it out and dremeled a small flat on the shank. Put it back and hammered it again. I think I will use a steel rod if I do it again. Having the long extension allowed me to drill from the rear of the sight w/ only a very slight angle. This not quite as good as my Dawsons since the FO is shorter, but it works just fine.
    That looks like it will allow a lot more light in than what Wilson does. I had them do my 92G Compact, and it only gets a little light from the end of the fiber rod.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    If you are handy w/ tools it's not to difficult to drill a B92 fixed front sight for FO. this is my 92G
    20180921_073216 by craig stuard, on Flickr
    Dang, I need to take another picture now that I have touched up my goof. Do the cross filing first. The the drilling is easier since less metal to get through. One of the common FO diameters is .060 inch. So I used a standard 1/16 inch (.0625"). I got a piece of 1/4" brass rod about 7 inches long. Drilled a hole in the end w/ the 1/16" bit. Installed the bit in the end of the rod and hit it w/ a hammer a couple times. When it started to move in the rod I pulled it out and dremeled a small flat on the shank. Put it back and hammered it again. I think I will use a steel rod if I do it again. Having the long extension allowed me to drill from the rear of the sight w/ only a very slight angle. This not quite as good as my Dawsons since the FO is shorter, but it works just fine.
    Very cool, but way beyond my skill level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Instagram @usmc_k9_vet
    Benchmark Precision: SA RO 9mm Operator Guncrafter Industries: NN CCO .45, NN LW CCO 9mm Nighthawk: Talon .45, GRP Double Stack 9mm
    Volkmann Precision: Combat Carry 9mm Wilson Combat: Beretta 92G Brig Tac, Beretta 92G CC

Site Supporter
    Can you get all black thin grips for the 92FS compact? I think Wilson might make some but I do not like how much their logo sticks out. Iím a plain and boring kind of guy .

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Can you get all black thin grips for the 92FS compact? I think Wilson might make some but I do not like how much their logo sticks out. Iím a plain and boring kind of guy .
    LTT thin grips. Check out my post above.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post832430

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    LTT thin grips. Check out my post above.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post832430

Wow, I had read your post before even asking my question. Can I blame not remembering on drinking too many diet sodas?

A couple of more questions that I have probably missed as well.

The full size grips fit the compact?

Can a 92FS Compact be converted to DAO?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Wow, I had read your post before even asking my question. Can I blame not remembering on drinking too many diet sodas?

A couple of more questions that I have probably missed as well.

The full size grips fit the compact?

Can a 92FS Compact be converted to DAO?
    No different grips. Even more disappointingly, different hole patterns. I know, because many years back I wanted to cut down a set of laser grips for a full size to fit the compact.

I suppose you could convert an FS to DAO by removing the sear, sear spring, and sear / trip / decock lever on the frame, which would need the DAO specific spacer. Though you'd still be left with a slide with a safety on it. To make it like other DAOs, you'd want a DAO slide.

My neighbor prefers DA only and actually likes the safety option. As was stated earlier, it was as easy as removing the slide, grips, push out the pin holding the sear and spring, then reassembling. I did get the spacer, but it was cast iron bitch trying to punch out the pin that holds the decocking trip, so we gave up instead of potentially damaging the gun. Since the hammer never stays cocked, the function is useless, but it does no harm to leave it in place.

Aren't Compact and Centurion slides swapable? You could get a 92D Centurion and take all the D specific parts out to use in the compact frame. Then assemble the leftovers into a 92FS Centurion and sell it. Or am I missing something?
    Last edited by Bigghoss; 01-19-2019 at 06:53 PM.
    Does anyone like pineapple on their pizza guns?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Aren't Compact and Centurion slides swapable? You could get a 92D Centurion and take all the D specific parts out to use in the compact frame. Then assemble the leftovers into a 92FS Centurion and sell it. Or am I missing something?
    I did just this, though I sold the 92D Compact, and kept the Centurion. Iíd love to have that Compact back in its original form. I had the night sights done when Tool Tech was still doing them. Only reason I move on from it was I didnít want an F model. If Iíd had known Beretta would have offered a G conversion 10 years down the road, I might have kept it.

User Tag List