Page 210 of 323 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260310 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

I've also found that men particularly tend to totally underestimate what pistols/revolvers women like and do well with; I've noticed somewhat of a trend where a service-sized pistol/revolver is preferable due to the weight absorbing the recoil, and the sight plane. Obviously grip size can be a factor, but these days there are certainly plenty of options for that aspect.

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 07-12-2017 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    I've also found that men particularly tend to totally underestimate what pistols/revolvers women like and do well with; I've noticed somewhat of a trend where a service-sized pistol/revolver is preferable due to the weight absorbing the recoil, and the sight plane. Obviously grip size can be a factor, but these days there are certainly plenty of options for that aspect.

Best, Jon
    We do a lot of training with females for a variety of reasons. One of he biggest issues is actual communication with what works and was does not. Over the years I have found the big issues are grip fit for a very correct grip, alignment and trigger reach. Ease of manipulation. Low recoil, and not too heavy. Many of the newer service guns have wonderfully adaptable grips. Revolvers can also be easily tailored for grip fit. Low recoil and ease of manipulations gets rid of most of the little guns often recommended. I find that women are FAR easier to communicate with on an honest response to what they like and don't like (especially if you are not in a releationship with them). Many gun sales folks and trainers could do themselves a ton of good by asking a lot of questions rather than telling the potential buyer or end user what they should have. I have mentioned before that I was stunned at the number of women at the Girl and a Gun national conference who had HK VP9's. Every single one of them when asked said they bought the gun themselves (a funny one said her husband doesn't even know about it because he bought her something that doesn't work for her so she just went herself to the gun shop) without any male input. The two things every single time that came up as "why"....the grip could be exactly tailored to fit easily, and it was easy to work the slide due to the cocking supports. Pretty simple. It was where I figured out that the PX4CC had huge potential in that market as well, because I think it is the easiest service pistol out there to work the slide back and forth, super low recoil, and a fairly customizable grip. The gun is also fairly lightweight and easy to hold for long periods on the range.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 07-13-2017 at 08:05 AM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Slightly off topic observation; but I've noticed a disturbing cycle which happens with female shooters who shop with male spouses.

Wife wants a practical defensive gun. Man wants excuse to buy an XD45 compact. She shoots the XD and hates it ,then hubby gets hurt because she doesn't like the shooting experience with a gun "he" chose. She gets soured on shooting and neither is happy with the outcome.

Just like guys,women have diverse tastes and needs. They're perfectly capable of shopping for guns on their own,and frankly if my RSO time is any indication it should really be the wives who pick the guns for the husbands. Women I've seen shooting on their own have been squared the fuck away, taking care of business with Glocks and HKs and practical guns. No macho BS there- they take professional advice and apply it with great results.
    The guys whip out 50 cal revolvers and miss at five yards because "the sights were off",and then have the termerity to assume they're qualified enough to select a gun for their spouse.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Women are quite capable of making their own choices. They often do much better and objective research before making a purchase. Whereas men, all too often, simply buy whatever the neck beards in RECOIL Magazine are holding and show up for training with an "I'm a big deal" attitude.

Women process information differently and that can be frustrating if adjustments aren't made, but they tend to be more receptive than men unless you're romantically involved with them. In that case they often feel free to blow you off with a, "yeah, yeah" attitude. Strangely enough, most of this doesn't apply to many female LEOs. far too many of them don't want to learn when it comes to firearms, aren't made to do so by their administrations and simply become a liability.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

IME women aren't any better than men at picking guns for themselves, at shooting, or at taking instruction.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    $480 for a brand-new 92FS pizza blaster, and free shipping with code "shipfree" until midnight Sunday (this weekend only).

https://shop.whittakerguns.com/product/ss-16240

Whittaker is an outstanding shop to deal with.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    $480 for a brand-new 92FS pizza blaster, and free shipping with code "shipfree" until midnight Sunday (this weekend only).

That's a great price.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    IME women aren't any better than men at picking guns for themselves, at shooting, or at taking instruction.
    I do find that things even out with time. Women can fall into the trap where a little knowledge makes them dangerous, just like men. Getting to a point where you think you have it all figured out isn't gender specific.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post

Too bad I'm broke. I'm gonna go stand at an intersection with a sign that says "Will work for pizza guns."

Put a WC 12# hammer spring in my 92A1 and today it chewed through 150 rounds of Winchester Forged steel cased ammo no problem. 150 rounds isn't conclusive or anything but so far so good.

User Tag List