Page 89 of 323 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    So, I finally got around to ordering a couple of these. Will report more when I get them in hand and try them out.
    The grip adapters arrived today. First impressions:

1. They make the gun feel like a full-size gun, albeit with a more pronounced pinky finger rest than the actual full-size frame. Still points naturally.

2. They're made from a firm yet soft rubbery substance. Kind of feels like a silicon pot holder from Ikea. Good tackiness.

3. They fit well to the mags, but can be easily bumped. I can see the thing slipping down over time if you carry a mag bullets-down like most folks do.

4. During basic dry mag changes, that doesn't seem to matter. Shove mag in mag well, and the adapter slides down until it seats on the floorplate as usual. I'd want to really wring these out on the range, though, before I use them on a carry mag.

5. I'm also curious to see how the material handles Arizona summer heat. Will it get slimy/sticky? Will it cause my shirt to cling to it and produce printing/tells? Time will tell.

6. Overall, I like them, provided #3-#5 doesn't prove an issue. Given the overall price of 13rd 92C mags these days, being able to use my full-size mags as reloads is a great thing.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    The grip adapters arrived today.
    Thanks for the update! They are high on my list but since I'm still shooting my Sig for personal use I will wait a while. I'm meaning to send my new 92c off to tool-tech before I do any serious (Like one trip a month to the range - ha ) shooting with it so ill let you put em through the ringer for me.

Site Supporter
    The grip adapters arrived today. First impressions:

1. They make the gun feel like a full-size gun, albeit with a more pronounced pinky finger rest than the actual full-size frame. Still points naturally.

2. They're made from a firm yet soft rubbery substance. Kind of feels like a silicon pot holder from Ikea. Good tackiness.

3. They fit well to the mags, but can be easily bumped. I can see the thing slipping down over time if you carry a mag bullets-down like most folks do.

4. During basic dry mag changes, that doesn't seem to matter. Shove mag in mag well, and the adapter slides down until it seats on the floorplate as usual. I'd want to really wring these out on the range, though, before I use them on a carry mag.

5. I'm also curious to see how the material handles Arizona summer heat. Will it get slimy/sticky? Will it cause my shirt to cling to it and produce printing/tells? Time will tell.

6. Overall, I like them, provided #3-#5 doesn't prove an issue. Given the overall price of 13rd 92C mags these days, being able to use my full-size mags as reloads is a great thing.
    Do you still pinch your hands viciously when changing mags? Because that happens to me all the time with 92c mags...

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Do you still pinch your hands viciously when changing mags? Because that happens to me all the time with 92c mags...
    Nope, I tend to flare out the bottom of my hand when doing mag changes and have thus avoided the pinching for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Rear view of my prototype thin grips:

Thanks GJM, gotta question though. I have long bony fingers, easily wrap around BT initial issued grips and trigger finger almost bumps mag release. The second knuckle of my rt/strong hand thumb gets banged by the shoulder formed by the top rear radius of the grip where it flows into a small flat. Do these new grips thin that area at all?

I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Does anyone know if the current 92 fs brigadier models have an enlarge magwell?

Quote Originally Posted by Lot2Learn View Post
    Does anyone know if the current 92 fs brigadier models have an enlarge magwell?
    Standard guns, no.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

For those that may be interested, the M9A3 is now on the Beretta website http://www.beretta.com/en-us/m9a3/

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    For those that may be interested, the M9A3 is now on the Beretta website http://www.beretta.com/en-us/m9a3/
    I'd very much like to try one, but I suppose that it will be quite a while before they hit the gunshops.

User Tag List