Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SIG P220R Malfunctions

Was Bruce Gray's extractor ever released?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    There was a thread on SIGForum that they were available, however, I received no reply from GGI to my inquiry to order one. I can't find the link to that thread but did find the one copied below. HTH

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc...582#4210076582

and this...

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc...882#4770084882
    Last edited by NEPAKevin; 05-18-2012 at 03:49 PM. Reason: add content
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Bruce has had one of my P220 Match slides since October or November, waiting for the new extractor. The answer to my last query was that it was still a work in progress. I'm willing to be patient and the slide is fairly worthless without a working extractor.

FWIW, I replaced the extractor in a 220ST that was having one or two FTEs on every mag, with one from Top Gun Supply which I assume is OEM. Ran six mags through the gun with no FTEs and the only major failure was my bringing the wrong ammo to practice.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

We are diminished
    The internal extractor used in the original P220ST guns wears quickly. Some will go thousands of rounds, others might go just hundreds.

I've had four stainless slides with the internal extractor. In order of manufacture:

The first is an early P220ST with skinny rail. It has run flawlessly, at least 10,000 rounds.

The second is an early P220ST with conventional rail. I had very sporadic failures to go into battery that are typically associated with excessive extractor tension when I first got the gun. No other extractor problems with this gun, at least 12,000 rounds.

Third is a 5" match slide with fixed sights. The slide ran about 750 rounds before it started to double feed. It was returned to Sig and the extractor replaced. The second extractor ran about 750 rounds before it started double feeding.

Fourth is a 5" match slide with fixed sights. The slide ran 5,000 plus rounds with no issues. Suddenly, in a Bruce Grey class, it started to double feed. Bruce attempted to retension and reshape the extractor but he could not bring it back to life.

All of my 5" match slides are out of service, awaiting an adequate fix. One is in Oregon in Bruce Gray's hands with the promise that I'll get a new extractor when it's available.

We are diminished
    It's hit or miss, definitely. I was one of the hardest people to convince the problem existed back in '04 because my ST ran like a top for more than 10k. Then that extractor had problems, so I replaced it. The next extractor had problems early, as did the third.

User Tag List