Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Senate Judiciary Committee Approves Ban on Assault Weapons and Hi-Cap Mags...

Senate Judiciary Committee Approves Ban on Assault Weapons and Hi-Cap Mags...

Bloomberg News ‏@BloombergNews
    FLASH: Senate Judiciary Committee approves ban on assault weapons, high-capacity ammunition clips

More Details from AP:

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/senat...lt-weapons-ban

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Senate Judiciary Committee has approved an assault weapons ban in a party -line vote that underscores how hard it will be for the measure to survive in the full Senate.

The proposal by California Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein was approved on a 10-8 vote Thursday by the Democratic-controlled committee.

An assault rifle was used by the man who killed 26 elementary school students and staff in Newtown, Conn., in December. Banning the weapons is key to President Barack Obama's plan to curb gun violence.

The measure is not expected to survive in the Senate. Feinstein faces overwhelming GOP opposition and likely defections by up to six moderate Democrats facing re-election next year in Republican-leaning states in the South and West.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

I have nothing nice to say...

I thought the rifle usage was proven to be a lie.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Still has to pass the full senate and then the house which is pretty doubtful.

Unless.......... Another tragic shooting just happens to coincidentally occur before the vote (but that is my idiot TFH wearing doppelganger talking who I hope to God is wrong).

never ignore your doppleganger. that SOB has an annoying tendency of being right lately.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3

Site Supporter
    This isn't really a surprise, it was clear from the beginning that it would pass the committee vote. It was not clear that it would make it out of the Senate.

is it S.150 that's the bill # for this? I'm having trouble finding it for some reason.

Site Supporter
    I think it is, but Thomas doesn't show it's passed committee yet:
    http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquer...:@@@L&summ2=m&

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    I think it is
    It is.

http://www.judiciary.senate.gov/legi...ingResults.cfm
    S. 150, Assault Weapons Ban of 2013 (Feinstein)
    Ordered Reported by Roll Call Vote, 10-8

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Because I'm too lazy to read the thing, does this bill still intend to make "assault weapons" non-transferable NFA items or has it been watered down in committee

User Tag List