Thread: Messing around with the CZ prototype...

Messing around with the CZ prototype...

One of little niceties of having your own ultra high temp processing equipment including a 3200C capable crucible furnace, is you can do some one off metallurgy. The rod used in welding the rails up on this guy is the second generation version of the one used on the Delta Elite and the LB frame. This time, an additional grain stabilizer was added, then the whole thing vacuum melted for purity. I like the results. Super clean, oxide free welds.

nice picts but way to techical for me now if it was layering steel for damasus with that oven i could follow you

jhp

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Riehl View Post
    One of little niceties of having your own ultra high temp processing equipment including a 3200C capable crucible furnace, is you can do some one off metallurgy. The rod used in welding the rails up on this guy is the second generation version of the one used on the Delta Elite and the LB frame. This time, an additional grain stabilizer was added, then the whole thing vacuum melted for purity. I like the results. Super clean, oxide free welds.
    Deity-kitten, ain't science grand?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

User Tag List