Thread: Stock Glock trigger question

Stock Glock trigger question

Does a flat faced trigger assist you in a straight trigger pull? My G19 has the serrated trigger and it "seems" that those tapered serrrations would make it easier for you to "push" the pistol to one side or the other. Is this in my mind or based in fact? I was thinking of replacing it with a G17 trigger.
    David
    Last edited by SC_Dave; 03-11-2013 at 06:59 PM.

Its strictly an individual thing. The "serrated" trigger on the smaller (G19/26/23/27) pistols is necessary to comply with the retarded ATF "point system" regarding imported handguns.

Personally, I like the smooth G17 trigger and have retro-fitted my G19s with same. I THINK it gives me a more uniform trigger pull; so its good.

I prefer the smooth trigger, but like LSP I think it is an individual thing. I had all my trigger faces polished smooth when I was carrying revolvers and just got used to it, and now a serreated trigger feels funny to me, so I get a smooth face whenever possible. But several of my autos have the serrated trigger and they shoot just fine.
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

I would say run it and see what happens. If not its not a real expensive part to replace. You never know it may work really well for you.

My suggestion, and people will likely give me shit for it, is to buy the part and try it. It is cheap relative to the time (and ammo) you may waste seeking an answer. It is an easy part to swap at the range.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    My suggestion, and people will likely give me shit for it, is to buy the part and try it. It is cheap relative to the time (and ammo) you may waste seeking an answer. It is an easy part to swap at the range.
    Sure why not. Good advice there. For my part I shot 19s and 17s for many years and never noticed the difference until reading all about it on the internet.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Sure why not. Good advice there. For my part I shot 19s and 17s for many years and never noticed the difference until reading all about it on the internet.
    Does it help your point that I just went to check and see what all my Glocks have? All smooth except for one.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I don't think it really matters. I use smooth faced triggers on all my Glocks for consistancy because I carry a 17 the vast majority of the time. I also have a compulsive need to tweak everything I own. I don't think the triggers make any difference in the shootability of the guns.
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Dave View Post
    Does a flat faced trigger assist you in a straight trigger pull? My G19 has the serrated trigger and it "seems" that those tapered serrrations would make it easier for you to "push" the pistol to one side or the other. Is this in my mind or based in fact? I was thinking of replacing it with a G17 trigger.
    David

I think it makes a difference for the same reason you mention, I put the flat trigger in all my compacts.

In my experience, the smooth-faced trigger is more comfortable to use. In and of itself, I don't think that the serrated trigger induces negative characteristics, but the smooth one is more comfortable, especially for protracted use.

Best, Jon

User Tag List