Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Availbility Rant

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    My local Ace Hardware had literally cases of .38Sp FMJ, Hornady 150gr .30-'06, and 12 gauge birdshot.

I'm pretty much down to running from my stockpile of 9mm and 5.45mm right now. Everything else I just can't justify shooting when I can't replace it. If this keeps up, I may have to go back to my 1911 just to get some shooting time in.
    Damn. None of ours carry ammo, and I could use some .38

I can buy all the .38spcl and .45acp I want.
    In fact, I'm shooting a j-frame in this weekends ccw match because my 9mm stash is getting low enough I feel the need to seriously conserve.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Almost zero .38 special ammo to be had in the northern Virginia area.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Brass case Herter's 9mm on sale today from Cabela's, in the 5 minutes it took me to look up the site and try to order they were out, even with a five box maximum order per customer.

Part of my recent decision to buy a good semi-auto shotgun is the ease of finding both defensive and practice fodder.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Quote Originally Posted by BOM View Post
    Part of my recent decision to buy a good semi-auto shotgun is the ease of finding both defensive and practice fodder.
    This is EXACTLY why I shake my head when the tacticool crowd poo-poo's the shotgun as obsolete.
    I've never seen an ammo or gun crisis where shotguns or shells were difficult to locate.
    I would go so far as to say when the world comes to a nuclear end, there'll be a box of birdshot under the refrigerator with the roaches.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Yeah, in addition to vanilla 00 buck and practice birdshot, I easily bought a case of Flite Control a month or so ago. Slugs are easy to get too.

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    Almost zero .38 special ammo to be had in the northern Virginia area.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    My father has a 5 gallon bucket full of cast 148 LSWC. This was a deciding factor in my purchase of the 442. The fact that he cast them around my 2nd birthday is just kind of cool. Not bragging, just sayin'
    Taking a break from social media.

User Tag List