Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High Noon Mr. Softy

I agree, I tried the Public Secret and it has the sweat shield. I absolutely hated this holster and actually gave it away I hated it so much. Their sweat shields are HUGE.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ffhounddog View Post
    I bought the Mr. Softy and will get another on the way. Talked with the owner and part of this is a jogging ensamble and one handed reholster is not needed for my needs jogging. He did tell me if I did not like it to just return it later for full refund.
    FWIW, I tried the "Upper Cut" for the P2KSK and sent it back after 1 day. The ride height is better for obtaining a grip, but the short length of the muzzle combined with the less rigid material resulted in the gun wanting to rotate out over my belt. An Upper Cut may work for AIWB-ing a G17, but not for a P2KSK, IMO. YMMV.

They were pretty good about crediting me back for the return.. I did have to call them after 4 weeks and ask where the refund was, but they got it done promptly after my call.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by ffhounddog View Post
    I am going to pick one up for a HK P2000sk to do AIWB carry since not many makers make one for a P2000sk but it is a non molded holster. If I get another I might get a Hideaway version of the same holster for a P2000 that is molded to the gun. I was playing with length and found out that the magazine for the P2000sk is the same length as the P2000 with flat bottom.

Should I just get the molded version up front or should I keep the non molded version. I have seen people with both here on the forum and I carry a 3913 in a non molded high noon and it works but I have never gotten a molded version before.
    One of my problems with the Mr Softy is the price. By the time you pay the shipping you've got $40 in a holster that may or may not be a temporary holster. They're a very specialized holster that really aren't ment for training purposes or every day carry (I have an email from Highnoon that states as much). I don't find them very comfortable for AIWB or behind the hip carry. (I own two. I'm a slow learner). They ride to low for AIWB in my opinion.

I don't completely hate the one I have for my XDS. I can wear a very close fitting tshirt and have zero printing. It isn't horrible for all day wear but not that great either. There's a little to much material under the trigger guard and rubs more than it should. I've considerd trimming it up some.

I ordered a hideaway for a M&P compact a few months ago. Estimated wait time was 8 weeks. I had it in less than one week. I can't say that a horsehide for an Hk would be that fast but if it were me I know where I would put my money.

User Tag List