Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: stages based on movie scenes

This boat shootout from the last Rambo flick seems eminently IDPA. Multiple BGs, reasonable range, low round count. The movie sets PAR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dK1TpZq3mM
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Liam's Greatest Hits:

In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    There has to be an Archer scene out there.
    Shoot, b****! Democracy's at stake!

For the inaugural KSTG match, I'd originally designed all the stages based on FBI events as we held the match at an FBI range. One of the stages involved running up to a door, hosing targets as you went. Then you dropped the gun, opened the door, and tossed a lit match into a burn barrel full of paper...

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    There has to be an Archer scene out there. Other movies I am scouring trying to find something good from are Training Day, Gangs of New York, and Miami Vice (show and movie). I have no doubts you could host a Michael Mann match if need be.
    Unfortunately, Miami Vice (movie) is almost all longarms. The final shootout would be great inspiration for a 2/3 gun match stage though.

The series has more possibilities. There is the classic Jim Zubiena Mozambique from Calderone's Return (recreated by OrigamiAK here) though that'd be a fairly fast stage.

I tried to find the final shootout from Glades on YouTube, which ends with Crockett's classic "Maybe you won't even twitch..." line, but the best I could do was this montage from YouTube. Still, I could see something along the lines of 'Drop through skylight, engage two targets through a window, engage a third target through cover, conduct a tactical reload (bonus points for putting the partial mag in your mouth), headshot to fourth target obscured by a no-shoot.' The whole episode is actually available here on the NBC website (final shootout begins around 41 minutes).

I always liked the shootouts from Prodigal Son, but it wouldn't be the same if you didn't shoot down a helicopter with a Bren Ten at the end.

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Mr. and Mrs. Smith.
    You supply the home improvement store, and the MP5ks...

You'll also have to include a smallish enclosure with elevator music.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

make them hit retardedly small targets at ridiculous ranges with a snubby...call it the Hawaii 5-0 stage

The Shootist and The Long Riders might have something you can use.

Of course some of the fights do involve horses.

Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    make them hit retardedly small targets at ridiculous ranges with a snubby...call it the hawaii 5-0 stage
    outstanding!!! :d
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by ACP230 View Post
    The Shootist and The Long Riders might have something you can use.

Of course some of the fights do involve horses.
    Cowboy Mounted Shooting Association "CMSA" - The Fastest Growing Equine Sport In The Nation

The Wild Bunch.

Yeah, yeah, CAS does "Wild Bunch Shoots", but...
    If you mount a Maxim gun on a round table...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List