Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ruger SR1911

The one plus for that one, at least for me, is that it doesn't look like a Ruger Center Fire Semi-Auto. It is truly the only Semi-Auto Pistol to come out of their factory that doesn't look like it was designed by a blind man. I can't imagine what it would have looked like if they had gone the route of SIG.

I am sure it will be found to be utterly durable, by I don't think there will ever be one in my safe. At that price point, I would probably go SA.

That "reviewer" has never reviewed a firearm he didn't gush over. I skipped through the video and of course, he loved the damned thing. Just like everything he reviews. His site picked up the gun magazine print reviewer's habit of gushing over everything they review and carried it over to the web.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Jeff Quinn:

#RESIST

It's 100% made in USA. No outsourced parts whatsoever.
    While I am glad that it is made in the US, my concern is more that it is a quality product. Consistency is the key to a good working 1911 and hopefully Ruger has figured out how to turn out a consistent product.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    That "reviewer" has never reviewed a firearm he didn't gush over. I skipped through the video and of course, he loved the damned thing. Just like everything he reviews. His site picked up the gun magazine print reviewer's habit of gushing over everything they review and carried it over to the web.
    Yes, he did gush a bit, and only fired one mag through it, but he did do a good job of explaining the features and benefits. With the grip he had on the gun I thought the group he shot was decent. Not especially fast but he did OK.

Time will tell whether or not this is a good version.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    At 4:34 he shoots a 20Y group (offhand) ... I wish it would have shown the shooter and the target.
    Not sure how everyone defines offhanded since I've seen everyone define it in a million different ways but if it matters, He's left handed.
    Last edited by David; 04-19-2011 at 11:29 AM.

I can't stand gun journalists of Gunblast's type. EdL tells the truth good and bad; why can't they?

Prediction: this will run about as well as the Cohen era Kimbers, the Sig 1911s, the RIAs, the Desert Eagle 1911s, and so on. In other words, for the guy who shoots less than 500 rds a year, they will be flawless and ready for some customization of the aesthetics. For this forum....I'll bet they won't run as well as a bad Gen4 Glock 9mm.

Below pic is a joke but not far off on Ruger's moronic manufacturing practices....

#RESIST

Below pic is a joke but not far off on Ruger's moronic manufacturing practices....

Have you even looked at the gun? The sides have nothing more than a simple logo and the name "Ruger" on it. The only warning is on the bottom of the dust-cover saying "read the manual".

Have you even looked at the gun? The sides have nothing more than a simple logo and the name "Ruger" on it. The only warning is on the bottom of the dust-cover saying "read the manual".
    Why don't you reread my post? You know, the "below pic is a joke" part?
    #RESIST

Why don't you reread my post? You know, the "below pic is a joke" part?

I thought jokes had to be funny though.

I thought jokes had to be funny though.
    Let me break it down for you. Ruger very often puts moronic stuff like "read instruction manual" on the barrel of their products. It's annoying and does take away from the aesthetics. There are even gunsmiths who offer removal of said warnings as a service.

Example:
    #RESIST

User Tag List