Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dead Coyote, Live Bad Guy?

I have seen several people seriously F'd up by various turkey loads when some dumbass blasted them during turkey season due to lack of PID of the target, some of those hits were rather fatal.

A lot of people around here who live in the boonies keep the first round or two in the gauge loaded with a larger birdshot type load, turkey loads, or the varmint type you are asking about. The thought is that they are more likely to need to blast a four legged varmint than a bad guy, but the chosen load would still be useful for both targets.

While I do not at all advise the use of smaller birdshot against people, I have seen a few murder victims blown to pieces by such loads.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    So I looked around the stash after I got the 870 home and realized that my 12ga stores were understandably low. A few rounds of Winchester 2¾" 000B, a box of that Olin 'military' 00B, some birdshot, and a box of HeviShot "Dead Coyote" T shot.

What am I supposed to shoot a bad guy with?
    Slugs.

If you have to shoot it, it probably needs to die.
    If slugs aren't a choice (dam people behind the bad guy & thin walls...) I like the military buck.

I bought some and ran it in a class. It patterned well from a 500 and didn't kick (compared to slugs j shot that day...)

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    I have seen several people seriously F'd up by various turkey loads when some dumbass blasted them during turkey season due to lack of PID of the target, some of those hits were rather fatal.

A lot of people around here who live in the boonies keep the first round or two in the gauge loaded with a larger birdshot type load, turkey loads, or the varmint type you are asking about. The thought is that they are more likely to need to blast a four legged varmint than a bad guy, but the chosen load would still be useful for both targets.

While I do not at all advise the use of smaller birdshot against people, I have seen a few murder victims blown to pieces by such loads.
    I had my hand on a box of Winchester 3" XX Turkey loads today and was thinking about Al T.'s post up-thread. More out of scientific curiosity now than anything else, I'm dying to see what 2 ounces of #5 shot will do to denim-covered jello at close range...

I sometimes wish we had a spare fridge around here.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Last edited by Chuck Haggard; 03-11-2013 at 11:56 PM.

User Tag List