Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another chapter in the never ending search for a AIWB for fat guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Prdator View Post
    As a fat guy I know what your going though.

a few things.

One buy a longer holster for the 19, say a G34 or G17 length the longer the better... trust me.

Raise your waist line to as close to your belly botton as you can. this made ALL the diferance for me.

Get a good very adjustable belt, Wilderness type. for big guys a small adjusment in belt tension will help a LOT.

Get a good holster that has ride hight and some cant adjustment.

I run a G35 every day in my holster and it works very well for me.
    I'd say I'm fatter than Spencer and my experience mirrors his. I'm running a G34 in the same holster Spencer is using and it's THE most comfortable holster/gun combo I've ever worn.
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

Quote Originally Posted by Dropkick View Post
    Longer holsters (especially those with some sort of wedge) help tuck the butt of the gun in better.

Like a traditional physics lever problem. If you consider your belt the fulcrum, the butt and magazine the load, having a longer holster (lever) will help in tucking (lifting) the gun.
    Also, I've found that the muzzle end of shorter holsters tends to poke me right in the groin when sitting or bending. The longer holster body will "ride" more on top of the pubic bone and not dig in. Obviously that depends on how you are built, but it's been my experience.

I'll echo the "longer holster" comment. One appendix holster maker I have dealt with even says on his web page that, when making holsters for short barreled guns, he will intentionally make them long unless the customer specifies otherwise.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

That is how I have been treating the PPS and Shield. So far the only complaint has been wait time.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    That is how I have been treating the PPS and Shield. So far the only complaint has been wait time.
    A bit of a thread jack but I would sure like to see this holster with an XDS in it

I do not have a flat stomach and have a bit of a belly. The SME holster magically and comfortably hides my G17 with rmr without issue.
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Super J View Post
    I do not have a flat stomach and have a bit of a belly. The SME holster magically and comfortably hides my G17 with rmr without issue.
    I may go with this, eventually. I carry a Glock 17 and I'm not thrilled with my current holsters. That being said I waited 11 months and paid $90 for the last one. I'm 6'0" and 209 lbs, 36" waist and I'm really not impressed with AIWB right now.

Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    I may go with this, eventually. I carry a Glock 17 and I'm not thrilled with my current holsters. That being said I waited 11 months and paid $90 for the last one. I'm 6'0" and 209 lbs, 36" waist and I'm really not impressed with AIWB right now.
    I have no regrets and I'm very pleased with the awesomeness of the SME holster from John Ralston. I've let all my non-believer friends try it on and they are all now saving up to order a SME for themselves.
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

User Tag List