Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ultimate Soldier on History Channel...

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by CMG View Post
    Yes, it appears that they have some sort of audible alert setup for when they get messages about casualties that shouts "Lerooyyyyy Jenkins".
    Awesome.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    In fact, at one point he successfully outflanked the opposing SEAL and came up from behind - and then missed three shots (on a stationary, kneeling target, less than 10 yards distant).
    I have never in my life had a harder time taking the high road than I am right now. I mean, my fingers are itching.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    Just watch it, all the way through-even if you don't like WoW or other video games...it's the context you need

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkCNJRfSZBU
    First time I heard of Leroy I was helping teach a Strategos low light course, one of the Air Force guys jumped on a team mate about how "dude, you so Leroy Jenkinsed us on that last run", which led to some debate on if he did or not. All while I am thinking "Errr?"

One of them had said clip on a lap top that we got to watch during video debrief the next day, I LoL'd so hard the first time I saw it my stomach muscles hurt.

I think Leroy is widely known in the Air Force, they must get to play more video games than the Army guys I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I have never in my life had a harder time taking the high road than I am right now. I mean, my fingers are itching.
    Oh, indulge yourself. Here's a link to a horrible quality video of this episode on History.com. The shoothouse sequence is at about 21 minutes.

http://www.history.com/shows/ultimat...ls-vs-spetsnaz
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    I think Leroy is widely known in the Air Force, they must get to play more video games than the Army guys I know.
    It's been a frequently-used attention-gainer vid for classes on 5-paragraph orders, on the gound-combat-element side of things, too... Never gets old.

Hell, I used that clarion call as my ringtone for...certain people.

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    I've sat through plenty of classes in the Marines where Leroy was used like JMS mentioned.

This video, is BY FAR, the best evar! That was a freakin' genius combination of two awesome videos.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Russians rock! My buddy, who is Russian by genes and not by birth, immediately recognized it as Russian when he saw the guy run toward the bus. Their methodology is so Orcish--right up WoW's ally and Leroy Jenkins. Now what would be a good Russian version of the name Leroy Jenkins?
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    Just watch it, all the way through-even if you don't like WoW or other video games...it's the context you need

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkCNJRfSZBU
    Finally got around to watching this and just about killed myself laughing. "At least I got my chicken."
    Trying to catch up on Inside Combat Rescue, great show and those guys are real heroes.

User Tag List