Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High Noon Mr. Softy

High Noon Mr. Softy

I am going to pick one up for a HK P2000sk to do AIWB carry since not many makers make one for a P2000sk but it is a non molded holster. If I get another I might get a Hideaway version of the same holster for a P2000 that is molded to the gun. I was playing with length and found out that the magazine for the P2000sk is the same length as the P2000 with flat bottom.

Should I just get the molded version up front or should I keep the non molded version. I have seen people with both here on the forum and I carry a 3913 in a non molded high noon and it works but I have never gotten a molded version before.

Skip the Mr.Softy and get a horsehide Hideaway w/clip.
    I've tried dozens of AIWB holsters for the P2000Sk and always come back to the horsehide Hideaway.

This one's at least three years old and is worn/sweat on in the New Mexico heat daily and still holds its shape like new.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    I like the Mr Softy a bunch, it's my grab-n-go holster of choice. The clip is EXCELLENT. Easy on, easy off.

That said, the pointy corner of the decocking lever on my P2KSK has put more than a few holes in more than a few t-shirts. (I need to file down that corner). Since I don't have any retention problems with the Mr. Softy, I don't see much reason to get a Hideaway. I like the thinner leather of the Mr. Softy and after 2 years of regular use it's not showing any substantial wear.

What I really would like is a low ride version of the "Public Secret".
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I have a Mr. Softy for my p2000sk. I originally bought it as an inexpensive experiment and just like you said, I figured if I liked it, I'd order the Hideaway later. Well as it turns out, I like the Softy well enough that I never have gotten around to ordering the Hideaway. This is a very comfortable carry combo that is easy to conceal. The High Noon clip is very secure yet it goes on and off easily.

The only real downside with the Mr. Softy is that is doesn't hold it's shape when the gun is out so it's not an ideal range holster. This hasn't been an issue for me since I also own a Shaggy (for a P2000) that I can use with my SK at the range.

What size belts are you guys wearing?

Anything Highnoon makes that has a sweat shield is junk, their sweat shield is just way too large and interferes with concealment and getting your grip.

The Mr.Softy is a "no go" for training because it collapses when the gun comes out.
    If my holster is a "no go" for training, then it's a "no go" for carry.

I use a 1.5" belt and the "C" clip has never hinted at coming off, even during ECQC and full on BJJ/combatives red gun fighting/training.

Another really good option is the Fist #1K, I have one for my Walther PPS and it's the kydex equivalent of the Hideaway.
    When my Hideaway eventually craps out I'll replace it with a Fist #1K.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Anything Highnoon makes that has a sweat shield is junk, their sweat shield is just way too large and interferes with concealment and getting your grip.

The Mr.Softy is a "no go" for training because it collapses when the gun comes out.
    If my holster is a "no go" for training, then it's a "no go" for carry.

I use a 1.5" belt and the "C" clip has never hinted at coming off, even during ECQC and full on BJJ/combatives red gun fighting/training.

Another really good option is the Fist #1K, I have one for my Walther PPS and it's the kydex equivalent of the Hideaway.
    When my Hideaway eventually craps out I'll replace it with a Fist #1K.
    The Fist looks good too. Thanks.

Site Supporter
    Thanks for that. Saved me some money on a future purchase.

Fair criticism, certainly.

1.5" Atlas Belt, usually.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Thanks for that. Saved me some money on a future purchase.

Fair criticism, certainly.

1.5" Atlas Belt, usually.
    I bought the Mr. Softy and will get another on the way. Talked with the owner and part of this is a jogging ensamble and one handed reholster is not needed for my needs jogging. He did tell me if I did not like it to just return it later for full refund.

I've noticed with the Mr Softy with it's straight drop 1.75 clip on a 1.5 belt- tilts handle/grip side, giving it a slight reverse can't. Wish they made a 1.5 clip.

*ETA: Also, I tried putting a piece of sticky velcro on the clip, hoping the Wilderness Belt would grip it and keep it more straight drop- but it didnt work.

I also, dont think this would be an ideal training holster. But if it is the daily carry, it only takes a second to wedge the gun in. Kinda a forced pause if you wanna look at it that way.

I carry a J frame in mine, put have owned one for the G26 and G19.

The smooth leather (unlike say a rough out SSII) would do well to use the sticky sided velcro if you wanted to make a foam lever like Spencer's Keeper.
    Last edited by Isaac; 03-11-2013 at 01:42 PM. Reason: *

User Tag List