Thread: What parts should i have on hand

What parts should i have on hand

I am trying to put together a parts kit for a Glock 34 gen 4. Is there anything that is a must have, I need to keep on hand? Right now I have bare esstientials, extra screws, spring, guide rod. Any input would be awesome.

I would add set of pins, spring cups(easy to loose so I carry extras), and an extra trigger spring.

We are diminished
    If your Glock has screws, it may not be a Glock.

(Or did you mean the front sight? If so, you need a sight AND the screw, as your first indication of failure may be a missing front sight)

I'd say recoil spring, the three pins, slide stop and spring, slide lock and spring, trigger spring, and mag catch spring. If you want to go further, a firing pin assembly (complete) and extractor would round things out. Add a trigger bar assembly and you've got pretty much the whole gun.

Site Supporter
    Glockmeister has field repair kits that cover every spring in the gun. This one is for a G-17 and I believe uses the same springs as a G-34. NOTE: Glockmeister doesn't seem to use active inventory tracking. I've had one for a G-19 on back order for 2 months.

Brownells has a similar kit from Wolff, but it has less parts.

Trigger return Springs

You should have a Glock trigger return spring with you at all times. If anything is going to break it will probably be that part. *IMPORTANT* DON'T FORGET THOUGH, EVEN IF THE TRIGGER RETURN SPRING DOES BREAK, IT CAN BE PUSHED BACK TO RESET THE TRIGGER MANUALLY. Just another wonderful thing about the Glock design.

Besides that possibly a recoil guide assy, and an extra extractor.

I carry multiplies of everything but the receiver, slide and barrel. None have ever been needed for my pistols while at the range because I believe in preventive maintenance.

Site Supporter
    I've been a functional armorer (not just certified) on Glocks for nearly 25 years in an LE agency setting and OCONUS in a training environment where 40 G-19s were gobbling up ammo at an impressive rate. Here's what I think are parts that should be on hand (and most of this is repeating what's already been stated):

1. Trigger return springs
    2. Slide lock springs
    3. Striker spring cups (because they are so easily lost by the armorers!)
    4. Extra pins, especially trigger pins (some lots break at the radial cut with heavy use)
    5. A couple of trigger/trigger bar assemblys
    6. Connectors
    7. Extractors
    8. Slide stop lever assemblys
    9. Recoil spring assemblys
    10. Striker or two (expensive parts)

This should keep you in business for typical range breakdowns.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

User Tag List