Thread: Aussie M66s

Aussie M66s

I was on the Net yesterday and ended up reading a story in the online edition of an Australian newspaper. It said a couple of Australian states had sold a pile of 2.5 inch M66s (possibly back to the manufacturer) instead of destroying them as other states had done.

That could mean a bunch of short, used M66s on the U.S. market sometime in the near future. I own a 2.5 inch M66-5 and have found it to be a fine gun. They haven't been that easy to find, so this might be a good/last? chance to pick one up.

Looking forward to seeing them listed in an ad somewhere soon.

There were a couple of 4 inch Aussie M-66s on Gunbroker a while back. They're not there now.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    If they do show up I'd love to buy one. I have a thing for short-barreled K frames.

If I see an ad I'l report on it here.

There's a local gun shop that has a couple for sale. I went in and talked to him about the 66's and he said they were law enforcement trade-ins from Australia. The internal locks were disabled at the factory by request of the department they were going to.

http://www.downtownguns.com/Smith-We...1020304593.htm

Quote Originally Posted by NGA Gunsmith View Post
    There's a local gun shop that has a couple for sale. I went in and talked to him about the 66's and he said they were law enforcement trade-ins from Australia. The internal locks were disabled at the factory by request of the department they were going to.

http://www.downtownguns.com/Smith-We...1020304593.htm
    I wonder if there is anyway to get verification from S&W that these were indeed produced without the lock?

Quote Originally Posted by jlweems View Post
    I wonder if there is anyway to get verification from S&W that these were indeed produced without the lock?
    Yes, You should be able to contact S&W with the serial number and they can tell you if they were produced without the lock. I don't know if there is a charge associated with that or not.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Gidday Mate

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    If they do show up I'd love to buy one. I have a thing for short-barreled K frames.
    Bought one for my wife from a local dealer, very nice piece but she's having trouble with the short sight radius, I may sell it and get a different model. It is a 66-7 with rubber finger groove grips, internal lock was equipped, but disabled by S&W, Orange insert
    ramp front, white outline rear, frame mounted firing pin, recessed muzzle crown, overall
    very good condition considering police issue, tight lockup and a very smooth trigger.

User Tag List