Thread: HK going the way of SIG?

HK going the way of SIG?

Seems that HK is listening to their customers drool over the G28. Except, the plan is to just dress up a standard MR762 instead actually import the G28.

What are they dressing it up with in order to call it the MR762A1 LRP? A Leupold 3-9x40 VX-R scope, for starters. Yeah. Somewhat cheesy scope for something that's suppose to be a special package.

But it gets worse, because it's not just cheesy; it's outright ridiculous at a $6,895 list price.

I'm an admitted H&K fanboy. My fascination with HK started as a child, and not just from cool pictures taken by Ichiro Nagata...I was given a Mauser target rifle by a WWII vet, and fell in love with it. Being that HK has more in common with the original Mauser company than modern day Mauser, it was natural for me to fall under the evil Teutonic spell. But this is just stupid. I can see $6,895 if it was an actual G28...and although no better than a Larue OBR, the fact that it's a G28 (read: collector item) would at least somewhat justify the price.

If H&K is willing to put together such a cheesy package playing off their newest creation for the Bundeswehr, what's next?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

The VX-R is a pretty decent scope, actually. Also, Germany has some weird export law about military rifles which might prevent the import of the G28.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    The VX-R is a pretty decent scope, actually.
    So is my Vortex Diamondback 3-9x40, $200 out the door. I love it.

but...

I can think of a few different scopes I'd rather have on a near $7,000 package that is supposed to be a precision rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    So is my Vortex Diamondback 3-9x40, $200 out the door. I love it.

but...

I can think of a few different scopes I'd rather have on a near $7,000 package that is supposed to be a precision rifle.
    Like a Nightforce?

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    Like a Nightforce?
    Sure! Nightforce, Swarovski, a higher end Leupold.......ya know, something more fitting for a 7 grand price tag. Or, maybe since the LRP is suppose to be emulating the G28......maybe, just maybe the scope that the G28 comes with, a Schmidt & Bender PMII 3-20x50.

While I agree that the price is steep, Leupold makes very good stuff, not cheap Chinese knockoffs that Sig is using.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Sure! Nightforce, Swarovski, a higher end Leupold.......ya know, something more fitting for a 7 grand price tag. Or, maybe since the LRP is suppose to be emulating the G28......maybe, just maybe the scope that the G28 comes with, a Schmidt & Bender PMII 3-20x50.
    I couldn't agree more. A $7000 price tag on what is essentially a $3000 rifle (cough LaRue OBR)should have a significant portion of the upcharge come from the scope. The VX-R, according to Leupold's website, in 3-9 form has an MSRP of $600-$750. A Swarovski would be much more appropriate.
    And I am a big fan of Leupold.
    I am not fat, I am wearing organic body armor.
    "Foreign policy is best left to the people with a head for negotiation and satisfying others without really giving anything away: customer service representatives."
    - Sheepdog247

User Tag List