Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: By All Means, Leave.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    I nearly lost my sanity just driving across Kansas. I couldn't survive living on the Great Plains. I need mountains like a fish needs water.
    Rapid City has plenty of that, the Black Hills country is about as nice as any place in the Rockies. They may only be "Hills", but they offer plenty of vertical relief. I'd move there in a second flat if it made sense with my career. That said, I'm not sure how "Conservative" South Dakota really is considering it is the state that gave us Tom Daschle.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Rapid City has plenty of that, the Black Hills country is about as nice as any place in the Rockies. They may only be "Hills", but they offer plenty of vertical relief. I'd move there in a second flat if it made sense with my career. That said, I'm not sure how "Conservative" South Dakota really is considering it is the state that gave us Tom Daschle.
    They eventually threw his dumbass out.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I keep telling people, move to South Dakota. Tired of hippies ruining your state! Come to South Dakota, where the Coastal Elite is considered a nuisance varmint!
    And Mrs. Drang keeps telling me, not until they ban northern plains winters.

Yes, I know that's what keeps Californians out.

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    I nearly lost my sanity just driving across Kansas. I couldn't survive living on the Great Plains. I need mountains like a fish needs water.
    Having lived on the Plains for the majority of my life (the exception being a six year stint in the USN), I get downright claustrophobic in mountain country after a few days. I'm used to being able to see for miles and miles and miles.

It may be nothing to see, but I can still see it.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

User Tag List