Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What 22 Do You Use For Extra Training?

I guess it will result into getting a great set of sights Heinies and another trip to the eye doc to update the script since I do know that's a problem of mine. Just need to hunker down and truely dedicate to reloading and a solid training routine with a partner.

Anyone in San Antonio Tx that wants to meet up and point out what I'm doing wrong?
    I'm free most Saterdays and every Monday.

I know NickA is local so I'll hit you up soon to head to the range.

Thanks for your time gentlemen.

ETA....I really do not want to switch platforms but the Glock 19/17 with a 22 conversion sounds very tempting. The P30 has been a great firearm so far for me so it just might all be in needed instruction and more practice time.

Site Supporter
    I have a P22 and I like it quite a bit as a training gun. Most of my previous .22 pistol experience was with a MKIII. I think the P22 has a couple of features that make it better than MKIII as a training gun.

1. The trigger sucks. In both single and double action (the hammer on a P22 can be dropped safely by activating the safety and pulling the trigger) the trigger has lots of creep and is a lot heavier than the weight of the gun. I list this a feature because after shooting the P22 every other gun seems incredibly easy to shoot.

2. It's really small. The P22 and a brick of .22 takes up very little room in my range bag.

3. It's really light. With some hotter .22 loads it is possible to get good sight tracking practice.

4. It malfunctions regularly. This means I get lots of malfunction reduction practice, which is helpful since my P30 has yet to malfunction, so I was getting a little rusty.
    Last edited by joshs; 04-17-2011 at 05:38 PM.

S&W AR .22 rifle, Advantage Arms .22 kit for my Glock 17, S&W 317 for snub training.

CMMG coversion kit for my Bushmaster
    Ruger Mk2 for long range trigger control
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Ruger MKII for those training days I want to shoot .22LR. Great accurate and reliable pistol.

s&w MP 15-22......waiting on the .22lr m&p pistol

Kimber conversion kit for my 1911, I also shoot it in bullseye club. I shoot a P22 to sub for my others, but I don't use it on club nights.

I have no experience with it but Tactical Solutions has come out with a Glock conversion as well. It looks pretty slick on their website but I don't know if it offers any advantage to using the AA conversion that was already mentioned.

Advantage Arms kit for my G19.

Ruger MKIII Target

User Tag List