Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 38spl standard pressure 148 WC

38spl standard pressure 148 WC

Does anyone have any geltesting with the 38spl 148 target WC out of a 1 7/8 barrel J frame. rem,win,or federal

Thanks

Doc Roberts has tested WCs, and I recall seeing it tested several times in the old IWBA journals.

Have you read Doc's bit in the ammo section ref .38s/.380s as BUGs? Lots of good into.

This; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yYYeICHamc is fun to watch, but Brassfetcher's conclusions ref energy tranfer and such are pretty much misinformation.

http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...0-ACP-vs-38-Sp

FWIW, I carry wadcutters in my J-frame, because they're cheap enough to practice with and still viable for carry.

Rich, Atlanta Arms loads a dandy 148 FMJ wad-cutter. I love the stuff, purchase it from a local indoor range.

I know that in some of the testing I have seen the Federal and Remington wadcutters expand more than you would guess, like up to .40-.45 IIRC.

I suck shooting left handed compared to my right.

The 148 WC in my S&W AW is easier for me to control. Plus every single JKL frame I have had will group it tight

But have been told by others the 148WC wont have enough penetration

One would think the 148WC would pass 12inches of gel with ease.

I carry the 5rs of 148WC and pack a speed strip or sometimes HKS loaded with ranger B 130 and of coarse my pistol IWB and a spare mag.

Ill go back and search the older website? I think he last time it was updated was in 2006 with the hornady CD alert.

Thanks guys

But have been told by others the 148WC wont have enough penetration.
    Who ever is saying that is just parroting bad information. Check the Youtube link in post #2.

I don't like to try to "speed load" these wadcutters.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post
    I don't like to try to "speed load" these wadcutters.
    I agree, as even round noses have a chance to be fumbled on reloads...I don't imagine wadcutters would be a particularly easy task. I think that's why it's a good decision on his part to have the Rangers as a reload.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I agree, as even round noses have a chance to be fumbled on reloads...I don't imagine wadcutters would be a particularly easy task. I think that's why it's a good decision on his part to have the Rangers as a reload.
    You'd be surprised with properly champhered chambers and a well maintained Safariland comp I speed loader, with a little practice it becomes fairly smooth & routine.

Back in the day that's all we shot in PPC. The faster you reloaded the gun the more time you had to pull the trigger, so you worked to keep your reloads as quick as possible.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

User Tag List