Page 242 of 242 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242
Results 2,411 to 2,418 of 2418

Thread: The Gadget REVEALED

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    What connectors are you using? All my glocks that had minus connectors would cause the slide to jump like you describe, and it did go away for a short time after taking the gun apart and putting it back together.
    I did just install a brand new Glock OEM minus connector into the gun trying to figure this thing out. I took out the trigger and striker assembly and scrubbed all the parts with a lightly oiled toothbrush. I noticed that the circular cutout on the SCD for the spacer sleeve was caked with some kind of compacted gunk, like fine carbon residue. I had to scrub the hell out of it to get it completely clean, then wiped it down and lubed it up. Doing this fixed the problem (it wasn't really much of an issue more so than an annoyance). Thanks @Tom_Jones for offering to take a look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    The SSVI G43 trigger I have reduced pre-travel quite a bit and based upon that I would not recommend its use with the SCD designed for use with OEM triggers. There currently is not a SCD variant for the G43 for use with aftermarket reduced pre-travel triggers.
    Is there going to be? I was looking at a precision overwatch polymer dat trigger for a 43x.

Jason

Site Supporter
    I'm investigating the possibility of SCD support for reduced pre-travel aftermarket triggers for them (43, 43X, 48). The issue is that those guns, due to their smaller size, require smaller SCDs. When the SCD is modified to support reduced pre-travel triggers, you end up getting much less SCD movement before the striker is released. The less the SCD moves, the less "safety margin" there is to detect and prevent an unintended discharge.

If can produce an SCD that works with reduced pre-travel triggers in those guns, while offering an adequate safety margin, I will. It's currently too early to say one way or the other.

Thanks for the info.

Jason

Is there a way to tell the difference between a short reset scd and the standard one? I detailed cleaned my glocks and forgot I have both the standard and short reset versions of the scd. I just threw them in a pile together lol whoops. Does it hurt anything if I have a the wrong scd on the wrong triggers?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mmfanboy View Post
    Is there a way to tell the difference between a short reset scd and the standard one? I detailed cleaned my glocks and forgot I have both the standard and short reset versions of the scd. I just threw them in a pile together lol whoops. Does it hurt anything if I have a the wrong scd on the wrong triggers?
    Not Tom Jones (but am a very satisfied customer and user), but the first picture in this thread shows the differences: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ng-Attractions

I would take care to not mix them as a standard SCD on a short reset trigger results in less protrusion when the trigger moves. Makes it that much harder to detect a snagged trigger. Plus my OCD wants the right part in the pistol.

Site Supporter
    Name:  0B1CFD07-8E53-4BDC-9B26-4224BA307506.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  24.3 KB

Thanks so much!!! I got all the gadgets back on the right pistols now.

User Tag List