Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drug overdose deaths climb

Drug overdose deaths climb

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/20/us...limb.html?_r=0

With more than double the rate of firearms related murders, the Federal Gov. should consider banning assault prescription drugs and multiple pill dispensers

Ha, I was just about to post this: http://bigstory.ap.org/article/drug-...nsecutive-year

With the title "Stop the hi-cap Pill Bottles!"

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

NYC Mayor is Bloomberg is already on it. He got NYC hospitals to agree not to give more than three days worth of perscription painkillers to people who show up at emergency rooms.

This means sick or injured people need to go back every three days or go to other doctors rather than get enough painkillers to stay home. This clogs up the emergency rooms by making people have to come back, means people in pain have to travel back to doctors or ERs, and certainly costs more money for multiple visits, be it private pay, health insurance, or public funds.

But it might make it harder for drug abusers to get drugs, so I guess it is worth it according to Bloomberg's thinking.

from: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/11/ny...ooms.html?_r=0

But some critics said that poor and uninsured patients sometimes used the emergency room as their primary source of medical care. The restrictions, they said, could deprive doctors in the public hospital system — whose mission it is to treat poor people — of the flexibility that they need to respond to patients.

“Here is my problem with legislative medicine,” said Dr. Alex Rosenau, president-elect of the American College of Emergency Physicians and senior vice chairman of emergency medicine at Lehigh Valley Health Network in Eastern Pennsylvania. “It prevents me from being a professional and using my judgment.”

While someone could fake a toothache to get painkillers, he said, another patient might have legitimate pain and not be able to get an appointment at a dental clinic for days. Or, he said, a patient with a hand injury may need more than three days of pain relief until the swelling goes down and an operation could be scheduled.
    Last edited by Ed L; 02-19-2013 at 11:43 PM.

If it saves just one person....

Bloomberg is so stupid. Pharmacy robberies are already increasing exponentially, all his plan is going to do is make addicts and abusers more desperate and increase pharmacy robberies even more. It's just going to put medical professionals further at risk because he thinks he knows what's best for all of us.
    twitter.com/ddbaxte

Quote Originally Posted by G60 View Post
    Bloomberg is so stupid. Pharmacy robberies are already increasing exponentially, all his plan is going to do is make addicts and abusers more desperate and increase pharmacy robberies even more. It's just going to put medical professionals further at risk because he thinks he knows what's best for all of us.
    Yeah, but at least the criminals in NYC won't be able to rob the pharmacies using guns. And they certainly won't have any high cap magazines either so that's a good thing.

Wait... What??

Oh, here's an idea: Just make the pharmacies Gun Free Zones!
    There, I fixed it!

~ Typos brought to you by my laziness & in attention to detail.
    If you can't taste the sarcasm, try licking the screen.

Gettin’ old and blind ain’t for sissies. ~ 41Magfan

While someone could fake a toothache to get painkillers, he said, another patient might have legitimate pain and not be able to get an appointment at a dental clinic for days. Or, he said, a patient with a hand injury may need more than three days of pain relief until the swelling goes down and an operation could be scheduled.

Obamacare's socialized medicine should fix that in a hurry.

I'm on socialized medicine, and between work, travel, and limited appointment availability (especially over the holidays when my original appointment was cancelled....without anyone telling me......because the POTUS declared a federal holiday for Xmas eve), I'll get a dental appointment to fix a broken tooth (not a cavity, not a filling, not a root canal.......broken) in a matter of a few days.

.............about 140 days, give or take a day or two.........

I really don't see what the problem is. Since socialized medicine is subject to government oversight, real pain relievers are pretty tough to come by. 800mg Motrin. And water. And a bandaid, if you're a ****y.

Quote Originally Posted by G60 View Post
    He does know what's best. Just ask him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post

Obamacare's socialized medicine should fix that in a hurry.

I'm on socialized medicine, and between work, travel, and limited appointment availability (especially over the holidays when my original appointment was cancelled....without anyone telling me......because the POTUS declared a federal holiday for Xmas eve), I'll get a dental appointment to fix a broken tooth (not a cavity, not a filling, not a root canal.......broken) in a matter of a few days.

.............about 140 days, give or take a day or two.........

I really don't see what the problem is. Since socialized medicine is subject to government oversight, real pain relievers are pretty tough to come by. 800mg Motrin. And water. And a bandaid, if you're a ****y.
    And after you get out, look forward to paying out the ass to have a civvie dentist unfuck your teeth. Ask me how I know
    #RESIST

Gee LL, how do you know?

User Tag List