Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: P30 Stoppages

I have had a P-30 for about 3 years. I shoot almost exclusively my own reloads which consist of VV N320 and a 125/125 gr bullet. I have tuned these to comfortably make power factor [125,000]. They are by no means full power and exhibit low flash in low/no light conditions. I don't know how this load compares to the PMC 115's you are shooting except that both maybe lower powered ammunition. The only issue I have ever had is when I was in a compromised shooting position, right hander crossing to my right shooting across my body dragging a dummy. Failure to extract almost every shot. It was, and is, in my opinion that the combination of less than full power ammo combined with a relatively weak shooting position combined to form a less than ideal backstop for the pistol.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    It was, and is, in my opinion that the combination of less than full power ammo combined with a relatively weak shooting position combined to form a less than ideal backstop for the pistol.
    Dude, that might be the key ingredient.

F-Trooper05, how heavily-insulated are those gloves you're wearing?
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Check your thumbs/grip. Not uncommon, especially in gloves, to have the thumbs drag on the slide or place pressure on the slide lock lever, which may manifest itself in a failure to eject.

The Op. said he was not wearing gloves when the pistol malfunctioned every shot.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    The Op. said he was not wearing gloves when the pistol malfunctioned every shot.
    Ah. Missed that. I just ASSumed that sane people wore gloves when it was fifteen frickin' d-d-d-d-d-degrees out.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by F-Trooper05 View Post
    Lack of cleaning is something I will definetly admit to lol. And I didn't try any other ammo. I don't think there's a single box of 9mm in all of Fairbanks at the moment, so I can't afford to be picky.

Either way, this is no longer a carry gun, so I'm not too worrried about it. Just wanted to see what everyone here thought.
    F-Trooper05, I had my first FTE/mal with my P30 at 5000 rounds. Fired the round, but did not pull the casing. The next round stipped from the mag and jammed in behind the spent casing and literally locked the slide open with no play. Mag release took some real pressure to drop the mag, and I was able to get the "live round" out by working the slide. Let the slide forward to allow the extractor to grab the spent casing, and it didn't on the first try. I had to rack it twice to get the spent casing out.

At first I thought it may have been an ammo issue. I had run 150 rounds left over from a course, and it was time to run some of my +p and +p+ carry ammo. Of course, the mal happened with the +p+...

Although I clean it often, I had just come off of a course, and although I had cleaned it, had run 1500 rounds through it in an fairly short amount of time. One thing I had omitted in my cleaning routine was cleaning the "hook" of the extractor that actually grabs the rim of the spent casing. When I got home I inspected it, and sure enough it had 5000 rounds worth of crap built up in the curve of the "hook" (my term for the j-shaped part of the extractor).

I used a toothpick to clean the crud, checked for any chipping, etc., and went back to the range. No issues at all since then, and I've purposely tried to recreate the issue with the exact same ammo. My P30 is one of my CCW's, along with an sk, so I wanted to run some more rounds to ensure it was the dirty extractor.

Site Supporter
    Which mainspring do you have in your P30? The combination of the stock LEM spring, a dirty/dry gun, and weak ammo usually causes exactly this stoppage. LEM P30s are slightly over-sprung and a lighter mainspring usually fixes this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    Which mainspring do you have in your P30? The combination of the stock LEM spring, a dirty/dry gun, and weak ammo usually causes exactly this stoppage. LEM P30s are slightly over-sprung and a lighter mainspring usually fixes this problem.
    HK part number 214300

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    I have a V3 mainspring in it.

Looks like I'll clean the gun (ugh ) and try different ammo, and see what happens.
    "A good shooter with a weak body and weak mind will lose against one who has the physical ability to crush him, and the mental ability to do it repeatedly"
    -Kyle Defoor

Quote Originally Posted by F-Trooper05 View Post
    Paul Howe or Sonny Puzikas? They are are not equal...
    Pat Rogers and Travis Haley. They came as promotional items with a BCM upper I bought.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List