Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for someone with experience

Looking for someone with experience

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for someone. The person I'm looking for may not exist, but if she does, this forum probably knows who she is and how to find her. Can you help me out?

There are a bare handful of people who have true experience with violence in America. One of them is Rory Miller, who lost count of his uses of force somewhere around 400. Another is Southnarc, who worked undercover on the streets for years. The question is, Where do I find someone with similar experience and thoughtfulness who has dealt specifically with violence directed against female victims?

Presumably, there are a lot of women out there who've been dangled as bait for prostitution busts and similar things. Perhaps working undercover in the gangs. But I haven't found any who are writing or teaching on the civilian side, probably because there aren't yet a lot of women who have retired from law enforcement jobs.

I'm specifically looking for someone who can articulate differences & similarities in how a mugger or carjacker approaches & initiates a crime when the victim is female vs when victim is male.

pax
    Kathy Jackson

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Interesting, this does seem like an area of specialized training that is overlooked (LEO specific-stuff aside) and could be very valuable. Even just memoirs with annecdotal experiences would be helpful. Something to keep in mind is that a lot of officer safety (which really comes down to "safe practices for anyone operating in rough areas with unknown contacts") knowledge is shared in an informal manner between FTO-to-rookie, and is often taken for granted.

To answer your question, I would start by looking to recently retired female officers, preferably with a UC background, that might be willing to share some of their experiences with you. Maybe contact your local FOP. I once had a female Sergeant who worked in vice/narcotics for the better part of 18 years. She had a wealth of knowledge on the topic and definitely had some interesting stories to tell.

KJ, PM Nyeti - he probably is your best chance of locating such a person.

http://pistol-forum.com/member.php?1336-nyeti

I had 100's of use of force forms to write working 23 years in Corrections.
    Most Americans have not a clue on how many predators our legal system lets out of correctional institutions every year.
    To be honest most women I worked with where useless when it came to hands on use of force situations.

Thanks, people. I'll keep looking.

Kathy
    Kathy Jackson

If you want I can give you the facebook links to women I worked with in the DOC and see if they can help you.

You might try contacting the Women's Tactical Assoc. womenstactical@sbcglobal.net

I know a gal with about 20 years as a cop who has done a bunch of dope and john sting type UC work. I'll call and see what she says.

Try the real deal

In addition to female vice LEOs, you may want to consider interviewing actual sex workers. There are any number of blogs by sex workers (http://www.google.com/search?q=court...rchBox&ie=&oe=). Given your reputation, mission, and presence on the internet, you may be able to arrange interviews with these individuals. Robbers' responses to surveys suggest that prostitutes and johns are favorite targets, because both will be carrying relatively large amounts of cash. Prostitutes have a right to self-defense, same as everyone else, and they are a high-risk demographic. They might be interested in what you have to teach.

User Tag List