Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Colorado:(

I went back and did that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Haraise View Post
    If you're going to live somewhere, might as well be where you're not planning on having your freedom constantly encroached upon. Wyoming, Nevada, New Mexico, Arizona, Montana, Idaho... lots of better choices out there than to be in a slow decline to a subject, if it's going to be a long term move.
    If it were just me, Montana or Idaho sound great, or maybe even Alaska. I can work from anywhere with decent internet and cell coverage. Colorado is what you'd call a compromise - the wife is very much a city girl. Long-term is a relative term, but we don't have specific plans to leave CO after moving there. We'll see what happens, and adapt accordingly...
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Quote Originally Posted by mariodsantana View Post
    If it were just me, Montana or Idaho sound great, or maybe even Alaska. I can work from anywhere with decent internet and cell coverage. Colorado is what you'd call a compromise - the wife is very much a city girl. Long-term is a relative term, but we don't have specific plans to leave CO after moving there. We'll see what happens, and adapt accordingly...
    I'm in Phoenix. Lots of good shopping, food, things to do, mountains in my back yard. Great freedoms. Seventh biggest metro area in the USA. Cheap housing. Lots of jobs.

Lots of reasons I moved here.

For those that enjoy a mountain environment, there are few places anywhere that can compare to the central Colorado mountains.

House just passed mag ban.

Please email our Governor:

http://www.colorado.gov/govhdir/requ...inion-leg.html

Or write your opposition at his facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/JohnHickenlooper

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    House just passed mag ban.
    Bad news. Magpul has definitely stepped up to the plate. Full page Sunday.

Whatever the outcome, I admire Magpul for stepping up to the plate big time on this issue.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Whatever the outcome, I admire Magpul for stepping up to the plate big time on this issue.
    While I agree that MagPul is stepping up, let's not ignore the fact that they have a vested financial interest in stopping the progression of the mag-capacity foolishness. How much of their business would evaporate if a country-wide ban on >10 mags and other "single feature evil attributes" was instituted?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    How much of their business would evaporate if a country-wide ban on >10 mags and other "single feature evil attributes" was instituted?
    It wouldn't evaporate, it would change. They'd try and make reliable & compliant mags.

Relocating a business, especially to another state as opposed to across town, is a massive undertaking -- financial and otherwise. Magpul could easily have negotiated a deal with CO, that would allow them to stay with minimum disruption.

Magpul has demonstrated leadership on this issue that is a model for the industry.

User Tag List