Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: G&R Tactical, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    All the time, or just now? When I was needing a little Magpul widget I can't remember right now back in January, I tried to order it from BCM, but they'd instituted a $100 minimum just to deal with the volume. (Wound up buying it from Amazon, of all places.)
    It must be a new policy...didn't used to be that way.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmguy View Post
    It must be a new policy...didn't used to be that way.
    I know. I had ordered something from them not two days before and it wasn't in place then. Their shopping cart page said it was due to the current panic.

It may have gone away again, I haven't checked. This was, like, the first week of January or so.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by OrigamiAK View Post
    If you are thinking of the same course review that I am, I don't believe it was a VSM course.
    You are correct. Grant informed me of such via PM on his site.
    "I think we ought always to entertain our opinions with some measure of doubt. I shouldn't wish people dogmatically to believe any philosophy, not even mine." - Bertrand Russell

I have purchased several orders through his website and several directly at his shop. Everything was as expected. Great service, and he's a nice guy that knows his stuff. I have heard a lot of slander over the years from other dealers/manufacturers about him, but it's mostly fluff. I have a really quality upper built by him that runs flawlessly (Only about 3k rounds, but no malfunctions).

He's very nice and knowledgeable in person as far as gear and tactics, and I have been attending some free classes that he hosts with a local PD instructor. Larry Vickers recommended Grant (obviously because Grant does VSM stuff for Larry), and Larry recommended Grant for products.

Despite whatever else has been said, his products are great, and honestly the quality of even his free classes (at a fundamentals level) has been as good as stuff I've paid a whole lot for from famous instructors, and obviously better than any standard PD class.

When people complain about service or something, please remember that it's just him and his wife shipping a crap-load of stuff and making the gears turn. I would compare them very much to ADCO or One Stop Knife Shop. There are lots of other people that make other complaints about those companies too, but in the end, there are relatively few complaints to the amount of satisfied customers. It's only the 1% of people that have a complaint that end up blabbing all over the internet.

People can say what they want. Personally, I think he has grown from his mistakes, taken the lessons and become a better instructor from it. I spoke with Larry Vickers almost a year ago and he mentioned that Grant had since taken like 13 classes from him, and countless others from other instructors, and sat in on several true "operator" shoot house courses as an AI. Larry had removed him as a VSM instructor, and now he is once again a VSM instructor.

People make mistakes. Some grow, some don't. I think Grant has.
    Last edited by Josh Runkle; 02-16-2013 at 04:47 PM.

I've bought a crapload of stuff from him over the years--definitely in excess of $K. I always had good experiences. I remember even contacting him to have a part I needed next day-ed to the hotel I would be at the next day. He offers a lot of things available in one place and is a known quantity to me.

I don't know the nature of the things that happened with him and other people behind the scenes. I leave it up to everyone to make up their own mind.

G&R Tactical, LLC

Got my M&P 45 from G&R Tactical, LLC last week.
    Very happy with the service and the pistol.

I have spent a LOT of money with Grant in the past, and upon my recommendation of him to others, many more thousands have been spent with him.

I'll mention that I will never again purchase anything from him, nor can I recommend him in the future due to his completely and totally unprofessional actions.

In 2011, I sent him a couple items to have work done to them. He received the items and signed for them, and then disappeared off the face of the earth - wouldn't respond to my e-mails or phone calls, etc. Finally, after three months, he shipped my items back to me. I don't care that it took that long, but what I do care about is the fact that he ignored me repeatedly, after originally indicating that I'd have my stuff shipped back to me within a week or ten days.

I was willing to overlook this issue, so then...

Fast forward a few months to December of 2011, when we pre-ordered a fairly expensive item through him and sent him a check, per his request. In September of 2012 he e-mailed saying that the item would be coming in within a few weeks. Waited until December of 2012 and e-mailed him again, asking what was going on... He gave a very lame answer, and sent the check back. Mind you, we'd been waiting from December of 2011 until September of 2012 (when the item came in stock, per his website) on a pre-order status, having PAID for the item in question, only to have him sell it out from under us, and he couldn't even be bothered to tell us, or return the check until we started badgering him in December of 2012. Granted, the check was returned (finally,) but I'm entirely disgusted with the guy and his horrible attitude towards customers.

He's seen the last of my money, and I can never recommend him to anyone else.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    I've purchased one rifle and a bunch of other stuff through G&R.

Good service and no issues.

He is one of the first guys to stick his neck out and ship ARs to us poor SOBs in Kalifornia. That wins him points in my book.

Site Supporter
    I've bought a BCM complete lower receiver group, complete upper and a BCM SBR from him. My father has bought a BCM Midlength, M&P9, M&P9c and I believe a S&W air weight. Maybe a MP45. As well as other things. I can't say I've had a bad experience with him. He's short, but he's always been responsive. He's always answered my questions. I like that he installs parts per request, etc.

I can't say a lot bad about the guy honestly. I can't tell you a bad experience. I don't know him personally nor have I trained with him.

Reading this stuff concerns me, because I'm a Christian and a business that states it donates 10% of it's profits (which implies tithing), and has links to a way to salvation concerns me to have questionable integrity.

I will say this his return policy/restocking fee does concern me, that's why I triple check his return policy. (ETA: I meant I triple check before ordering.)

To put it all out there, what happened in training? Seems to be the elephant in the room.

I have a lot of respect for the staff here at pistol forum, so their reluctance concerns me. There refusal to drag someone through the mud despite everything going on also reflects well on them.

I don't know how worried I am to buy from him. But, it is what it is.
    Last edited by BWT; 03-12-2013 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I've purchased one rifle and a bunch of other stuff through G&R.

Good service and no issues.

He is one of the first guys to stick his neck out and ship ARs to us poor SOBs in Kalifornia. That wins him points in my book.
    He refused to pin a stock for me.

I have no use for someone who won't even pin a stock for a customer, yet posts messages on boards about how he's using expertise to fix Bushmasters from the factory for customers.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List