Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: G&R Tactical, LLC

Anyone ever buy ammo from G&R Tactical, LLC.
    Thanks for any info!

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    That's a lot of ammunition for a single person, but in terms of organizational schemes it's peanuts. I'll never understand why people throw away their lives over peanuts.
    There's an old saying: "It ain't the havin'. It's the gettin'."

Can someone pencil out the potential profit on this?

I have no idea regarding LE cost.

As @TGS pointed out, doesn't really seem like much in the risk reward matrix
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post

I think without the specifics it's impossible to guess. Currently I can find Federal 124gr HST retailing for 1.90/rd on the high end and about 0.53/rd on the low end. If he could make that spread 60K rounds would be $84K. Maybe he could make that every few months or something? Practice ammo prior to covid was $200/case delivered retail and you could get double that pretty easily which would be $12K, which isn't all that much, but if you could move it all in a month it would be a pretty good side hustle.

I imagine he was getting something between those two numbers.

Site Supporter
    The way I perceived the situation was that they were primarily looking to benefit by ordering the ammunition under the guise of an LE agency in order to get prioritized in shipping and access to larger quantities during Covid when ammunition was scarce. I had heard that some distributors were prioritizing LE orders over retailer orders. Of course, this would have provided the added bonus of benefiting them financially due to having more inventory to sell during the shortage.

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    The way I perceived the situation was that they were primarily looking to benefit by ordering the ammunition under the guise of an LE agency in order to get prioritized in shipping and access to larger quantities during Covid when ammunition was scarce. I had heard that some distributors were prioritizing LE orders over retailer orders. Of course, this would have provided the added bonus of benefiting them financially due to having more inventory to sell during the shortage.
    This could be a cause.

Otherwise, the tax-exempt status LE can enjoy is, I'm pretty sure 11%. Plus often times there is a break on shipping if the ammo is purchased off a state contract or a bid.

I don't know the details, but if this was a one time order of 60,000 rounds for the Bolivar, OH PD, well, seems to me the folks selling it ought to have done a little due diligence, since Bolivar is a town of 1,000 according to Wiki.

I have a buddy who is the LE rep for an ammo manufacturer and all I can say is he damn sure would have questioned that.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mitchum View Post
    Anyone ever buy ammo from G&R Tactical, LLC.
    Thanks for any info!
    At this point, I wouldn't recommend doing business with people of poor morals.
    #RESIST

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    At this point, I wouldn't recommend doing business with people of poor morals.
    Good Advice, unfortunately most of us have to interact with the government every day.

Don't underestimate Grant's need to boast about having certain things in stock when others don't.
    #RESIST

It's more tax evasion, when I place orders the ammunition manufacturer has to have a current Federal Excise Tax (FET) declaration on file (I believe every two years). The FET statement is an affidavit that states that the ammunition used is for official government purposes. Regular commercial ammunition has this Federal Excise Tax applied for all sales. Department ammo pricing is cheaper but would be hard to quantify an exact dollar amount. Back during the pandemic during the shortage, LE agencies were still able to get limited quantities of ammunition for a short time, but later we faced the same long lead times as everybody else.

User Tag List