Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: G&R Tactical, LLC

Why shady

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks2112 View Post
    Hmmm. I need to talk to my boss about who we accept incoming transfers from it seems. That's, shady.... :-(
    It's his inventory. Can't he do with it what he wants? I'm not getting the shady part at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigkrackers View Post
    It's his inventory. Can't he do with it what he wants? I'm not getting the shady part at the moment.
    Read the arfcom link. Price fixing is illegal. I could give less than two bowel movements about selling stuff on gunbroker. If you're dumb enough to overpay for something then ultimately that's the buyer's fault. Illegal/unethical business practices otoh. The thread there is pretty compelling.
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

I have bought a couple aimpoints through his company at crazy low prices.

I remember thinking, it's like he gets off selling quality optics at cost or nearly at cost.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

Site Supporter
    I choose to shop elsewhere.

My experiences have always been positive. I can not speak to ethics or any personal issues because I have no knowledge but everything I have ordered from him has come in a timely manner and I've had no issues with payment or customer service.
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks2112 View Post
    Read the arfcom link. Price fixing is illegal. I could give less than two bowel movements about selling stuff on gunbroker. If you're dumb enough to overpay for something then ultimately that's the buyer's fault. Illegal/unethical business practices otoh. The thread there is pretty compelling.
    I did read it. While it is entertaining reading, it is not clear proof that "price fixing" ever occurred. Even some on that very post speculated that it could have been retail members policing there own for selling below manufactures listed price. Not all the facts are in that post and it happened a long time ago so I doubt anyone will remember the whole truth other than Grant and a select few who where directly involved.

I think the overwhelming opinions of those who have had dealings with G&R Tactical is positive.

So for now, I'll go by my personal experience but keep an open mind on this. I will not deal with someone I think is unethical. I just don't think you can lay that heavy a thing on someone over a single post.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    Me too, and I do.

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    Me too, and I do.
    As do I. I've bought several items from Grant over the last couple years, including a lower, optic, etc. My last transaction with him, however, I was looking for an upgraded version of the B5 sopmod stock and I specifically inquired as to whether the stocks he was selling were the upgraded version with the limited rotation QD swivel, etc. He replied in the affirmative that he did have the upgraded stocks, so I purchased one. To my surprise, it was not one of the newer versions of the stock and when I asked about an exchange or return, he essentially told me to pound sand and go talk to the manufacturer.

Yes, this was a minor issue and no I didn't lose sleep over it. I don't generally hold relatively minor mistakes like this against people, but the unwillingness to help really turned me off, particularly given that I had asked specifically about what I wanted and the mistake was on his side. Given the number of other quality companies out there selling goods, BCM, skdtac, rogtac, rainier arms, etc., I now choose to take my business elsewhere.

We are diminished
    Back when I was a moderator at M4Carbine.net, I ordered a few times from G&R through the discount Grant gave us. As mentioned previously, Grant is the primary owner of M4C.

Since then, due to personal and professional dealings separate from being a customer of G&R, I've come to the conclusion not to do business with Grant in any way.

Yeah, this was well before toddgate.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

User Tag List