Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Going to Constitutional Carry

Site Supporter

Louisiana Going to Constitutional Carry

The bill, SB1, passed both houses in the state legislature. It passed both houses last year too but the then-governor vetoed it. The current governor has indicated he'll sign it. That makes us the 28th state to pass such a law.

Here's an article from my local TV station.

I'm going to keep my CCW current because I travel, but it's good to know it's not needed at home.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    The bill, SB1, passed both houses in the state legislature. It passed both houses last year too but the then-governor vetoed it. The current governor has indicated he'll sign it. That makes us the 28th state to pass such a law.

Here's an article from my local TV station.

I'm going to keep my CCW current because I travel, but it's good to know it's not needed at home.
    Interesting that there is no federal law against concealed carry except here.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/res...ying-firearms/

The trend in states is just to go constitutional carry and forget about the permits. Saves the tax payers a lot of money and lets LE do the other stuff that we need them to do. The feds aren't going to hang you up unless you happen to be too stupid to carry where you're prohibited. It's all posted.

That's great news for you habitants des marais.
    Last edited by Borderland; 02-29-2024 at 09:26 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    ...and it's official, the governor signed the bill yesterday.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    ...and it's official, the governor signed the bill yesterday.
    Are the streets running with blood yet?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Are the streets running with blood yet?
    I'll check after lunch.

Site Supporter
    Have this:

https://mulates.com/2019/07/22/what-...0unique%20name.

Blood Boudin is a unique dish to Louisiana. It is also known as Boudin Rouge. Blood Boudin is a red sausage consisting of pork and pig’s blood. The pig’s blood actually give it its color and unique name. This originated from the French boudin noir. Pork liver and heart meat are typically included.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Current map with LA:

Name:  2024-constitutional-carry-states.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  54.5 KB
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

Who do we expect next? SC? I have a hard time imagining anyone other than SC passing a permitless concealed carry law.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Interesting that there is no federal law against concealed carry except here.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/res...ying-firearms/

The trend in states is just to go constitutional carry and forget about the permits. Saves the tax payers a lot of money and lets LE do the other stuff that we need them to do. The feds aren't going to hang you up unless you happen to be too stupid to carry where you're prohibited. It's all posted.

That's great news for you habitants des marais.
    Are there any states that currently have pedmitless carry and don't also have a permit system as well?
    Permits still have some reciprocity value in places where a permit is still required. Granted, that number continues to shrink.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Are there any states that currently have pedmitless carry and don't also have a permit system as well?
    Permits still have some reciprocity value in places where a permit is still required. Granted, that number continues to shrink.
    Vermont has never had a permit system in place. It’s one of the reasons permitless carry is sometimes referred to as Vermont carry.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List