Thread: Civilian DOD employee, Retired Lt. Colonel finds a honeypot

Site Supporter

Civilian DOD employee, Retired Lt. Colonel finds a honeypot

https://www.wowt.com/2024/03/05/reti...outputType=amp

BELLEVUE, Neb. (WOWT) - A civilian employee at the U.S. Strategic Command at Offutt Air Force Base was arrested over the weekend to face conspiracy charges after they allegedly shared classified information on a foreign dating app.

Retired U.S. Army Lt. Col. David Franklin Slater, 63, of Nebraska, held Top Secret security clearance while working in a classifed area of STRATCOM, attending regular briefings about Russia’s war against Ukraine, from August 2021 to April 2022, when he retired. Sometime in the last three months of his tenure there, he allegedly transmitted national defense information on a foreign online dating app to someone he believed was a woman in Ukraine.

“The co-conspirator regularly asked Slater to provide her with sensitive, non-public, closely held and classified NDI and called Slater in their messages her ‘secret informant love’ and her ‘secret agent,’” Monday’s DOJ release states. “In response to these requests, Slater indeed provided classified NDI to her, including regarding military targets and Russian military capabilities relating to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.”
    from the indictment.
    https://www.justice.gov/opa/media/1340961/dl?inline

1. On or about March 7, "American Intelligence says that already 100% of Russian troops are located on the territory of Ukraine. Do you think this information can be trusted?"

11. On or about March 11, "Dear, what is shown on the screens in the special room?? It is very interesting."

111. On or about March 15, "By the way, you were the first to tell me that NATO members are traveling by train and only now (already evening) this was announced on our news. You are my secret informant love! How were your meetings? Successfully?"

1v. On or about March 18, "Beloved Dave, do NATO and Biden have a secret plan to help us?"

v. On or about March 23, "Dave, it's great that you get information about [Specified Country 1] first. I hope you will tell me right away? You are my secretagent. Withlove."

v1. On or about April 12, "Sweet Dave, the supply of weapons is completely classified, which is great!"

v11. On or about April 14, "My sweet Dave, thanks for the valuable information, it's great that two officials from the USA are going to Kyiv."

' v111. 1x.On or about April 19, "Dave, I hope tomorrow NATO will prepare a very unpleasant"surprise"forPutin! Will you tell me?"

On or about April 21, "You have a job in the Operations Center today, I remember, I'm sure there is a lot of interesting news there?"
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 03-04-2024 at 09:46 PM.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Site Supporter
    Name:  IMG_5434.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  22.8 KB

Site Supporter
    Well there’s another module that’s gonna get added to the annual cyber training . . .
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar_d View Post
    Well there’s another module that’s gonna get added to the annual cyber training . . .
    And the script for it is already written!
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    And the script for it is already written!
    Indeed. And the dialogue/monologue would be just as cringeworthy as some of the other training modules.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

He thought he was talking to a Ukrainian hottie, but in reality it was probably an obese, shirtless FSB/SVR dude who looks like Ron Jeremy, clattering away on a keyboard in Donetsk.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    He thought he was talking to a Ukrainian hottie, but in reality it was probably an obese, shirtless FSB/SVR dude who looks like Ron Jeremy, clattering away on a keyboard in Donetsk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Don’t believe everything you read on the internet.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    Looking for a picture of said Ukrainian hottie..

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Looking for a picture of said Ukrainian hottie..
    Name:  th-3566936944.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  22.9 KB
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

User Tag List