Page 99 of 375 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Thanks, Okie John. It's an investment piece now, so the money spent will be worth it.

I was honestly stunned when I looked at the prices on eBay. It has appreciated since I bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Thanks, Okie John. It's an investment piece now, so the money spent will be worth it.

I was honestly stunned when I looked at the prices on eBay. It has appreciated since I bought it.
    my jealousy level is through the roof....

Site Supporter
    Re repairing the Rolex/Tudor. I have used him for an Omega as has my work mate. My first shooting mentor used him for a long overdue lube/oil/adjust/polish on a Pepsi bezeled GMT that was a "I graduated Ranger Scool" present.

Bottom Line- you will get a quality repair at a fraction of the AD/Service Center price.

https://www.watchdoctor.biz/Default.aspx
    Last edited by vcdgrips; 06-07-2016 at 09:32 AM.

Site Supporter
    Road trip.

Name:  20160606_135536_resized.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  26.6 KB

Site Supporter
    Hiking along Lake Superior this afternoon.

Name:  20160607_161453.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  55.9 KB
    Last edited by Up1911Fan; 06-07-2016 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Question for my Rolex connoisseurs. How often do they change up their products? I'm really digging hard on the GMT II black/blue (aka "Batman"). But I'd rather wait for a variety of reasons. I just know my luck and don't to wait too long and miss out. Thanks!
    Rolex is constantly changing the products, but the changes can be very subtle. The other issue is that Rolex raises MSRP on every watch on an annual basis. If you want one, I highly recommend buying from one of the power sellers here as the savings over retail can be considerable. That forum is well-policed, and some of the sellers there have done hundreds of deals. http://www.rolexforums.com/forumdisp...f=9&order=desc

Another place I have bought from in the past (more than twenty years ago) is Capetown Diamond in Atlanta. I dealt with the owner, and he loves to haggle. http://www.capetownstore.com/

Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Out and about in the truck today.

Speaking of prices: dang right, buy one now. Mine is going on 20 years old, and I paid $5k something back in the day.

Priced them at the store where I took it for service last year. Had to pause and gulp when they told me what a new one was.

#humblebrag
    Last edited by RJ; 06-08-2016 at 02:35 PM.

Site Supporter
    My Dad has that same watch. He mentioned the same reaction when he took it in for a new bracelet.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    my jealousy level is through the roof....
    Wow, that is different. I'm the one always drooling over your 1911's.

I'll send you some pics.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Re repairing the Rolex/Tudor. I have used him for an Omega as has my work mate. My first shooting mentor used him for a long overdue lube/oil/adjust/polish on a Pepsi bezeled GMT that was a "I graduated Ranger Scool" present.

Bottom Line- you will get a quality repair at a fraction of the AD/Service Center price.

https://www.watchdoctor.biz/Default.aspx
    Thank you very much, I appreciate the link.

User Tag List