Page 97 of 375 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Site Supporter
    I hope that it is ok to show off an inexpensive watch in such a high class watch thread but I will. After reading here about the Casio with the vibration alarm I was interested. Then while on a wal mart run I looked at the watches. They didn't have a g-shock but had the sport watch with the vibration alarm so I made an impulse purchase. Well I'm very happy with it. So far the vibration alarm has always caught my attention and it woke me up this morning. With my hearing loss this it going to be a big help. I like this subtle alarm over the iPhone and not having everyone look at me when the alarm goes off. Many thanks for the recommendation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was just getting ready to post, "I hate all of you.", then someone posted a pic of a watch I could afford. So .... I don't hate all of you.

I ride by the factory in Schaffhausen on the way from ZRH to my folks' factory. I keep hoping to see a 'Schlussverkauf' sign out front.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Question for my Rolex connoisseurs. How often do they change up their products? I'm really digging hard on the GMT II black/blue (aka "Batman"). But I'd rather wait for a variety of reasons. I just know my luck and don't to wait too long and miss out. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I had to Google that. I wish I hadn't because that's a damn fine looking watch.

[ATTACH=CO NFIG]8357[/ATTACH]
    One of the very few of theirs I like.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody have any opinion on the Seiko ssc293? I'm about to pick one up if I can't find a good reason not to. Can't really find any good reviews of it, and I don't know enough about watches to feel comfortable just buying it

Site Supporter
    It is a sub 200.00 watch made by Seiko with a 2 yr warranty from Amazon. It will be fine. Buy it. Change up from time to time with some straps from cheapestnatowatchstraps.net ( Sofie from Sweeden...really. 1 week free shipping from Sweeden for all orders over 25.00)

23 reviews averaging 4.75 out of 5@ 159.00
    http://www.amazon.com/Seiko-Prospex-...eywords=ssc293

similar design with a more classic face. straight Battery powered. 270+ reviews avereaging 4.75 stars @ 100.00 ish-
    http://www.amazon.com/Seiko-SNN241-S...f=swr_wa_1_ses
    Last edited by vcdgrips; 06-06-2016 at 10:58 AM.

Cool, thanks. Yea I saw that it has a pretty good rating. I'll grab it and check out the site you mentioned for a few more straps. Do you know if just doing day to day stuff outside (playing with the kids, yard work, driving) is enough to keep it constantly charged? The biggest appeal to me is that it's solar powered.

Site Supporter
    New arrival.

Name:  20160606_131430.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  67.7 KB

User Tag List