Page 61 of 375 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Yep, I have another photo up on my blog. Pretty cool watch. Ill have to figure out exactly how the solar function works.
    My Citizen BM6400 looks a lot like the Seiko SNE329. It has the solar feature, but I'm not sure there's all that much to figure out. Apparently all you have to do is wear it out in the light now and then, and it keeps working.

Okie John

Site Supporter
    Ill have to figure out exactly how the solar function works.
    http://www.seiko-cleanenergy.com/wat...lar/index.html

The watches are powered by all kinds of light, not only sunlight.
    1 minute The watches charge very quickly. In most SEIKO Solar calibers, just one minute of sunlight delivers one hour of charge (two minutes for women’s models) and the watch is fully charged after three hours.
    6 months The watch retains the charge for an extended period. When worn regularly, the watch will remain fully charged, of course, but even if left in pitch blackness for 6 months, (or 12 in some models) the watch continues to work normally.
    8 minutes If the watch is without power, it will start to operate completely normally after just eight minutes of exposure to sunlight.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Timex finally died,
    Like that Timex... Cheap too.
    Especially like the color of your broken in band. The stock OD photo is not as dark.
    http://www.amazon.com/Timex-T498759J...ry+field+watch
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Thought you guys might find this interesting and I'm not a watch wearer, but I wouldn't mind having a 'go to' watch that I can wear when the occasion calls for it.

What are your thoughts from the wristwatch gallery?

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/f...m-watch#/story
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    Thought you guys might find this interesting and I'm not a watch wearer, but I wouldn't mind having a 'go to' watch that I can wear when the occasion calls for it.

What are your thoughts from the wristwatch gallery?

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/f...m-watch#/story
    mehhh, nothing special. $150 can get you a really nice seiko, timex or casio.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Also...

I am going to be selling my Lumtec V7

http://www.lum-tec.com/v7.html

If anyone is interested plz PM me, bro deal for PF members first.

(if this violates policy or whatnot plz delete)
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Just got this guy back from Alex at Artifice Horoworks:

Name:  Monster-1.jpg
Views: 809
Size:  67.0 KB
    Name:  20150724_184955-1.jpg
Views: 736
Size:  56.7 KB

It started life in 2011 as a Seiko Orange Monster (OM). I managed to kill the movement twice in two years working a desk job. Still not sure how I did that. Seiko replaced the movement once under warranty, but wanted $150 to fix it the second time. I could buy a brand new OM with a three-year warranty for that, so this one just sat in the back of my closet for a year. I finally sent it off to Alex to replace the movement, face, hands, chapter ring, and crystal. The result is fantastic and he was a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend checking with Alex if you are thinking about custom watch work. He was patient in answering my ignorant questions and sent constant updates as the project moved along. I know he does Seikos. Not sure about other brands. I'm not affiliated with Alex in any way. Just saw his posts on Lightfighter and reached out to him with some ideas. What you see above is the result.

I have a nice black Seiko from Alex, that I matched up with a black rayskin band. It makes for a dressy but understated watch, which can still handle the occasional beating.

I'm definitely a fan of his work after nyeti tipped me off to him.

VDMSR.com

GW-A1100
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

User Tag List