Page 52 of 375 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Palmguy View Post
    As I was getting ready to click on this thread, I was thinking that I hadn't seen a smartwatch in here yet. Nice Moto...been thinking about getting one. Is that the Motorola band you have on it? What do you think about it?
    My contribution to the thread from 9 months ago.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

We are diminished
    We have different definitions of the word "contribution."

Fair enough...I missed it!

Quote Originally Posted by Palmguy View Post
    As I was getting ready to click on this thread, I was thinking that I hadn't seen a smartwatch in here yet. Nice Moto...been thinking about getting one. Is that the Motorola band you have on it? What do you think about it?
    A) No. I ordered this the day it came out, at which point Motorola had not released the metal bands yet. $50 and a trip to the local jeweler fixed that problem.
    B)Im rather impressed by it. Not by its features, which other watches can do. Not by its apps, which other smartwatches can do. No,its impressive feature is the durability.

Odd, as it looks fragile-but its water resistant rated and has been dropped and scratched a pile of times. No permanent wear besides some marks on the band, and 'tis all.I dropped a yugoslav AK mag on it one time and thought "there went $300..." but no, not a mark on the screen. All I need is an Android Wear shot timer thats recoil-based, and shazzam-perfect watch ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Oh! It's the new I'm A Heathen But Not The iPhone Kind Watch.

Kids. Stopped wearing watches because it was easier to take the cell phone out of their pockets to look at the time. Now they're wearing watches so they can see what time their cell phone says it is. Does not compute.
    Ill get off your lawn now, gramps.......
    Last edited by GardoneVT; 11-30-2014 at 12:26 AM.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Ill get off your lawn now, gramps.......
    And stop blaring your raps!

Does anyone have experience with either Stowa or Laco? I think I want a Type B Flieger but haven't ever seen one in person. I know they wear big but both companies do a 42mm.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Does anyone have experience with either Stowa or Laco? I think I want a Type B Flieger but haven't ever seen one in person. I know they wear big but both companies do a 42mm.
    You've seen a Laco Type A.
    I was wearing one the first time we met in Albuquerque and you asked me about it.
    I've worn it under all kinds of conditions (including ECQC) and it still looks new and stays at +- 1 second a day.
    Mine is the "Munster" Type A Swiss automatic, sapphire.
    Longislandwatch has pretty good prices and great customer service in my experience.

Here's a picture of mine but it has some diamond plate reflections showing on the dial that make it look a little odd:
    Last edited by JodyH; 12-15-2014 at 07:04 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

Damn you're right! What size is that one Jody?

42mm x 13mm

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I don't have any experience with them but I've been considering a watch of this style for awhile. Stowa and Laco are more "authentic" but if you're not concerned about that and just like the style check out Archimede or Steinhart.

User Tag List