Page 4 of 375 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

I've developed an orange fetish.

Luminox 3080
    Last edited by JDM; 11-15-2011 at 08:06 PM.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

I've been using a suunto vector for about 9 years now. I'm a skydiving instructor and it gets a LOT of use (altimeter). Have about 2000 jumps on my current vector. Would recommend suunto to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post

Tomorrow I will have to change the time on my Sinn UX. It has gained two seconds in the past two years.
    That's fantastic! My Omega Railmaster does good, but not that good. I'm in the market for a new watch and will definitely be taking a look at the Sinn line.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by BOM View Post
    I've developed an orange fetish.
    Me, too.

Quote Originally Posted by I29alpha View Post
    I've been using a suunto vector for about 9 years now. I'm a skydiving instructor and it gets a LOT of use (altimeter). Have about 2000 jumps on my current vector. Would recommend suunto to anyone.
    First annual pistol-forum.com skydiving party... anyone? I did AFF 1 & 2 in the mid-90s so, like, I'm an expert.

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    That's fantastic! My Omega Railmaster does good, but not that good. I'm in the market for a new watch and will definitely be taking a look at the Sinn line.
    Your Railmaster is an automatic; the UX is a thermo-compensated quartz.

Your Railmaster is an automatic; the UX is a thermo-compensated quartz.
    Saaaaay what? Just started researching them... It's case is made of German submarine steel and is oil filled, cool stuff. Only bad part is they state it has to go back to Deutschland for any type of maintenance.

The movement is pretty wild as well.

We are diminished
    Wow, the hands on that UX are white as can be. After years in the oil, they tend to dim/yellow a little bit. It's never bothered me and I wouldn't even notice it except in contrast to the video you posted.

Mine does have a little bounce. You only see it if you're looking for it. It happens from 6-12 on the dial normally, or from 12-6 if the watch is upside down.

You'd have to get pretty unlucky to need maintenance beyond battery changes in the UX, but yes it will need to go back to the Fatherland every 5 or so years for that. Just an excuse to buy a second nice watch IMHO.

Me, too.

Cool band. What is it?
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

+1 Paracord band.... Im all over that like a fat kid on a cupcake.

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    Saaaaay what? Just started researching them... It's case is made of German submarine steel and is oil filled, cool stuff. Only bad part is they state it has to go back to Deutschland for any type of maintenance.

The movement is pretty wild as well.

I'll be in my bunk.
    All I know is that I know nothing. - Socrates

Regarding maintenance on automatics- do you guys follow the schedule or just wait for signs that it needs it? Can going over the recommended period cause any damage or will performance just degrade?
    My seamaster is coming up on 5 years so I'm wondering if I should start saving for it. Omega maintenance is what, like $2-300?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

User Tag List