Page 344 of 378 FirstFirst ... 244294334342343344345346354 ... LastLast
Results 3,431 to 3,440 of 3773

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    I was with my dad this morning for a procedure in the hospital and his anesthesiologist was rocking a Pelagos LHD. I asked him how he liked it and he said as a lefty he liked the crown position but didn't provide any great WIS insights otherwise. It looked cool but I don't know that it looked $4k cool. I think that's the first one I've ever seen in the wild.
    I really like the LHD. I have a blue Pelagos and still would like to add the LHD to my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Pelagos FXD opinions? (The MN one, not the new Red Bull ones.)
    I had a Pelagos 39 and picked this up this week. I really dig it so far, more so than the 39.

Name:  IMG_6499.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  33.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_6501.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  21.8 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post
    I had a Pelagos 39 and picked this up this week. I really dig it so far, more so than the 39.

Name:  IMG_6499.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  33.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_6501.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  21.8 KB
    The FXD is great. I really like them, but I have a blue Pelagos that I have too many memories to part with it. I still want an FXD every time I see one though.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    The FXD is great. I really like them, but I have a blue Pelagos that I have too many memories to part with it. I still want an FXD every time I see one though.
    If the FUB Pelagos was thinner I may have gone that route. It is nice having the option for a bracelet. The FXD is a little more nuanced but works really well for me.

I think the P39 is certainly the more versatile watch, but there is definitely some je ne sais quois about the mission-driven design of the FXD.
    And remember when demons and beasts cast their darkness, you have God's love - and Browning's wrath - to guide you.

What do people think of the newer Omega Speedmaster Racing? I know most people in this thread seem to like the Speedmaster professional. There is a big cost difference between the two and I do like the Coaxial Automatic movement in the Racing.

https://www.jomashop.com/omega-watch...gaAlxDEALw_wcB

Quote Originally Posted by DamonL View Post
    What do people think of the newer Omega Speedmaster Racing? I know most people in this thread seem to like the Speedmaster professional. There is a big cost difference between the two and I do like the Coaxial Automatic movement in the Racing.

Nice watch. I do not own one, but have a Planet Ocean GMT. A Speedmaster Racing, or the new Super Racing is on my ‘next’ list. The link you posted is pretty tempting.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Newer?

As far as I can tell all 40mm Speedmaster Racers have been discontinued and only the "two counters" (aka bicompax or two subdials) automatics are presently being produced by Omega.

The latest speedy racers are all 44.5mm diameter with a better movement (as far as I know the 40mm models are early coaxial movements that don't have all the refinements -like anti magnetism and precision of the later ones) and less water resistance.

The watch you linked to is a quality watch from what I have managed to read on the internet but I have no experience with it. At best, I'd say there just wasn't much demand for it which is a clue to something though I don't know what.

At 15mm thick, its a really tall on the wrist watch. The larger 44.5mm are somewhat thinner and drape around the wrist better I would imagine.

I imagine Omega will still service it and the price you showed seems good.

If you really like it right now and can send it back if you don't like it when you receive it, then give it a shot, If you feel like you ought to settle on this one because the one watch you want isn't available to you at present, then don't buy it. For that amount of money, disappointment is really bitter. It's better to wait and get what you truly want.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

What I meant by newer was it was not the manually wound movement of the Speedmaster Pro.

I am not in a hurry to buy. There are so many variations of the Speedmaster, it can be confusing.
    Last edited by DamonL; 08-23-2023 at 06:57 PM.

What I meant by newer was it was not the manually wound movement of the Speedmaster Pro.

I am not in a hurry to buy. There are so many variations of the Speedmaster, it can be confusing.
    Not can, is. :-)

I have no idea who does the website for Omega, but as far as I'm concerned it's as bad as Safariland's when it comes to figuring anything out. Moreover, Omega seems to thrive on having anniversaries/specials/limited editions/who knows what else to confuse the matter even more.

Take all the time you need/want, and I will suggest you go to a dealer, or, better, an Omega boutique if there is one near you, and try a bunch of different ones on. No need to buy the first time you go (or the second) because there is nothing like wearing one even if for a few minutes compared to looking at internet photos; it's just like trying a gun at the range, it tells you a lot more.

I'l finally add, as one who owns both a Racing (44.5mm) and a Pro (3861 movement), that I prefer the Pro. Legibility, size, aesthetics, history all make me put on the Pro way before I would reach for the Racer, but that's just me.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

User Tag List