Page 339 of 375 FirstFirst ... 239289329337338339340341349 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,390 of 3743

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Could not resist...

Name:  IMG_2138-cropped.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  87.4 KB

Tudor Pelagos 42

Much less chonky than my Breitling, lighter, seems to wear much better so far...for the like 4 hours I've been wearing it anyway.

The watch band is also MUCH easier to minutely adjust in/out for fat days, or days you're just running around and wet and everything just balloons out, or whatever.

Now to read the manual!

Edit - I had the opportunity to buy a 2020 Rolex Submariner w/date; price was 14 and change if I remember right...I seriously thought about it for a bit, but for that price I'd want a new one. I talked to the lady there and they said that while it might take some time to get a Submariner in if I wanted one...the wait would probably not be measured in more than 2 years. Again, thought about it but since I don't know what I'm gonna be doing in 6 months let alone 2 years...I opted for the new Tudor and don't regret it.
    Last edited by Evil_Ed; 06-15-2023 at 04:56 PM.

Definitely still saving for a nice automatic. Still would like a sub and might wind up with a Tudor because of price.

But, I wouldn't be wearing that to work. So I'm thinking I'm going to wind up with a work watch, and normal life watch.

I think theyre pretty souless, and go against what I like about watches... but I'm seeing that a GPS smartwatch would be a serious benifit. I'm definitely going to be replacing my daily driver G shock with a GPS watch for work. I'm looking at Garmin Fenix 7 Sapphire Solar. Anyone have experience with these things or stuff like them? Garmin watches seem very popular with patrol. The sapphire is supposed to be super tough, the Fenix 7 has solid GPS, the size was okay when I tried on a dummy model, and it comes in black. The fit tracker stuff seems alright but I've never used one and don't know that I'd use it much. Music control might be nice if I wind up running.

Thoughts?

Site Supporter
    Garmin is KC based and enjoys an excellent reputation re function and warranty support. They have a golf oriented one my boss wears. He “dinked” the crap out of it on a doorway last week coming back from lunch a few weeks ago. No damage at all the the sapphire crystal.

Having said that, if you are an apple phone user, I wonder if an iWatch would not be the way to go given system interface/compatibility etc.

Re waiting on your Rolex (Sub .) I am you re an a very simple OP. I strongly suspect that the itch will not be scratched with a Tudor. Perhaps unfairly, Tudor feels like a forced pivot by Rolex. I confess that if I had a Rolex, I would buy inclined to buy the 925 sterling cased one and swap straps for it on a regular basis.

Our choices include:

1. Wait to buy retail at an AD

2. Buy at 150% + of retail “used” -grey market or “certified used”

3. Pivot to a “comparable” brand i.e. Omega/Grand Seiko

4. Pivot to another brand and let the Rolex go i.e. Oris/Sinn/Damasko/Doxa/Longines etc.

Keep us in the loop.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Doesn't fit what this thread is really about... But I picked up the Garmin Fenix 7 Sapphire Solar. It's going to be my work watch and maybe my exercise watch.

Name:  20230622_070939.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  27.0 KB
    Name:  20230622_071903.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  25.0 KB

About 700 bones. But more of a true tool. The GPS function is something that will make my life exponentially easier when it actually counts, and was the primary driver for getting a smartwatch. The rest of the features are good I guess. It's a bit techy and souless for my taste though. I'll still be after a watch with feeling for off the clock.

Site Supporter
    Cory:

The Garmin (and iWatches etc) are fitness/communication/productivity tools that happen to also tell time.

At least that is what I tell myself when I wear my iWatch on my right wrist and a “real” watch on my left.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Cory:

The Garmin (and iWatches etc) are fitness/communication/productivity tools that happen to also tell time.

At least that is what I tell myself when I wear my iWatch on my right wrist and a “real” watch on my left.
    I started wearing an Apple Watch a few years ago, and found I really like the connectivity (and admittedly the fall protection - I was living in a house that was all stairs and I have a really bad ankle.) But it comes off for an automatic when I dress pretty.

As a matter of fact, we were at the Verizon store yesterday and I looked at the Ultra version. I think I may trade mine in for one of these, SWMBO’s surgeon has one and it’s really impressive.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Cory:

(Snip) when I wear my iWatch on my right wrist and a “real” watch on my left.
    Is "dual wristing" now (finally) acceptable? I was very tempted this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I started wearing an Apple Watch a few years ago, and found I really like the connectivity (and admittedly the fall protection - I was living in a house that was all stairs and I have a really bad ankle.) But it comes off for an automatic when I dress pretty.

As a matter of fact, we were at the Verizon store yesterday and I looked at the Ultra version. I think I may trade mine in for one of these, SWMBO’s surgeon has one and it’s really impressive.
    Started distance/marathon running in the mid 70's w/ a Timex, then later came a Garmin w/ GPS & when the running shoes retired in 2019 & swimming/cycling replaced them, an AW4 appeared. Traded it in for a bigger/45mm screened AW7 (worn @ nite) but the Ultra is the cat's ass & none of the 3 are/were cellular capable as the phone just stays in my pocket. Fri. the Ultra will be on during an AM 15-20 mile ride then used for PM USPSA stage building before Sat's match, go big or go home & buy the Ultra as you won't regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Started distance/marathon running in the mid 70's w/ a Timex, then later came a Garmin w/ GPS & when the running shoes retired in 2019 & swimming/cycling replaced them, an AW4 appeared. Traded it in for a bigger/45mm screened AW7 (worn @ nite) but the Ultra is the cat's ass & none of the 3 are/were cellular capable as the phone just stays in my pocket. Fri. the Ultra will be on during an AM 15-20 mile ride then used for PM USPSA stage building before Sat's match, go big or go home & buy the Ultra as you won't regret it.
    I didn’t think of that - my AW isn’t cellular, and it works fine so long as it’s in the same house as the phone. I thought all ultras were cellular?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

None of the 3 I've owned including the Ultra are/were cellular capable.

ETA - you are correct all Ultra's are cellular capable, learning has occurred.
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 06-22-2023 at 10:20 PM.

User Tag List