Page 336 of 375 FirstFirst ... 236286326334335336337338346 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,360 of 3743

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Site Supporter
    There are a couple pieces from the crown that appeal to me, so never say never, but I'm more than happy with my pieces from their "little brother". Wearing this today.
    Name:  20230521_182422.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  42.8 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    But if one is buying dive watch that isn’t a submariner- it’s a waste of time and money.
    Attachment 104836
    What if someone prefers the look of another dive watch? Imagine using personal taste as a guide when buying jewelry, instead of wearing what other people want just because other people want it...

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    What if someone prefers the look of another dive watch? Imagine using personal taste as a guide when buying jewelry, instead of wearing what other people want just because other people want it...
    What a concept! And what if someone actually wants to use it for....diving? My Citizen 20th Anniversary Aqualand is far and away the most useful dive watch I own for actual diving.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    What a concept! And what if someone actually wants to use it for....diving? My Citizen 20th Anniversary Aqualand is far and away the most useful dive watch I own for actual diving.
    But what will you show off with or sell for a profit while wearing a more accurate and reliable watch?

But what will you show off with or sell for a profit while wearing a more accurate and reliable watch?
    If I was going to drop 10 grand on such a profligate purchase, probably a Blancpain Fifty Fathom. But I'm not, so I won't.

Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post

My post was direct at young Cory- who said his ultimate goal is a submariner. For him -in my (useless) opinion - anything besides a submariner will always be a disappointment, save for being more accessible right now.

You’re right on subjective looks. 100%. Buy what you like to look at. But. Expect the blancpain fifty fathoms and perhaps the planet oceans, nearly all dive watches as stated look very close to Rolex submariner.

Admittedly I don’t know shit about diving.

But the more reliable watch thing is just non sense as is the show off aspect

I don’t care if you like my watch. I’ve worn my 5170g a handful of times and literally zero people ever noticed. I d didn’t buy it for them.

1 of 12 Rolex has ever needed attention - and that after I dropped it in the bathroom floor causing all sort of damaged

Contrast to 2/3 omega, 3/3 Tudor and 6/8 timex Ironman of various styles that have had issues.

Last. Profit isn’t a sin gentlemen. If it’s yours. Youre free to sell it, no?

Luckily the only kind of diving I do doesn’t require a dive watch, so my Monsters are plenty.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    My post was direct at young Cory- who said his ultimate goal is a submariner. For him -in my (useless) opinion - anything besides a submariner will always be a disappointment, save for being more accessible right now.
    Gotcha. Yeah, I could see compromise being a regret if you know what you really want.

But the more reliable watch thing is just non sense

1 of 12 Rolex has ever needed attention - and that after I dropped it in the bathroom floor causing all sort of damaged
    Reality forecloses the opportunity to make a truthful, straight-faced argument that your Rolex or Patek is more reliable or accurate than a Citizen Eco-Drive. Sorry.

But the more reliable watch thing is just non sense as is the show off aspect

I don’t care if you like my watch. I d didn’t buy it for them.

Last. Profit isn’t a sin gentlemen. If it’s yours. Youre free to sell it, no?
    Certainly, profit is not a sin, and there's nothing wrong with factoring resale value into a selection decision. BUT, don't decide what to buy based on how popular and in-demand it is, and then tell us that you don't care what other people think about your watch. That would be plainly contradictory.

Also, I am jealous of your watch collection. So there!

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Luckily the only kind of diving I do doesn’t require a dive watch, so my Monsters are plenty.
    Don't you worry none, Heavy. When you sack up and go get certified in Lake Travis, your Monsters will be more than adequate.

I'm not saying that I like the Pelagos 39 and the Sinn U50 because they don't look like Rolexes... but it sure doesn't hurt them.
    And remember when demons and beasts cast their darkness, you have God's love - and Browning's wrath - to guide you.

User Tag List