Page 328 of 375 FirstFirst ... 228278318326327328329330338 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,280 of 3743

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Site Supporter
    As for W&W '23, I was kind of disappointed overall. There were a few exceptions to that for me. I really like the new IWC Ingenieur, I do feel it's overpriced, but I'll be looking to pick one up pre owned or grey market next year. I do like the updated Tudor Black Bay red with the jubilee T-fit bracelet. I'm not a Rolex fan boy at all, but the titanium Yachtmaster looks awesome, but will be unubtanium, but it looks amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    As for W&W '23, I was kind of disappointed overall. There were a few exceptions to that for me. I really like the new IWC Ingenieur, I do feel it's overpriced, but I'll be looking to pick one up pre owned or grey market next year. I do like the updated Tudor Black Bay red with the jubilee T-fit bracelet. I'm not a Rolex fan boy at all, but the titanium Yachtmaster looks awesome, but will be unubtanium, but it looks amazing.
    I'll say this about Rolex this year: they decided that weird is the new black.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Site Supporter
    WofW takeaways for me re Rolex particularly

1. They can make whatever they want and sell whatever they want.

2. It will be years before their "temp" facilities become permanent and their output goes up to address a seemingly unending demand.

3. My resolve to only buy from an AD at retail or a vintage piece (particularly birth year 1965-me/1999-kids) remains unchanged.

4. I will never buy above retail from a Gray, even a OP 41 is too much money to me to not have full warranty/full recourse from the seller and the mothership etc.

5. Should I be lucky enough to get a watch from an AD as a kids out of college/retirement watch, I strongly suspect that I will be one and done with the brand.

6. Beyond Rolex- my 4 I's of watch buying:

a. The watch is an investment
    b. The watch is iconic
    c. The watch is interesting
    d. The watch is an intersection of quality/value/feature set etc.

I would think that I would need to hit 2 of 4 on any given purchase. I fully acknowledge that is difficult with all but a few brands at even fewer sub 10K price points re #1-Investment.

Today, I would think long and hard about the following from an AD or a reputable reseller. My pricing has a bit of an ish factor as some discounting is still out there:

Sub 500- Hamilton Khaki Field
    Sub 1000-Jughans Max Bill
    Sub 1500-Laco or Stowa Fleiger
    Sub 2000-Doxa 300
    Sub 3000- Cartier Tank Solar or Quartz (paying for the look)
    Sub 4500-Tudor 925
    Sub 6500-Grand Seiko Spring Drive or Panerai
    Sub 10K-Rolex at Retail and JLC Reverso

If I only have to like the watch that opens a whole lot of brands to include Omega, Dekla, Mido, Oris, Tissot, Certina, Zenith, Blancpain and a slew random vintage finds and micro brands.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

For your amusement.

I took these photos with an iPhone 12 with no manipulation of the program (I wouldn't know how) at around o'dark thirty in my living room. The only light is from street lights outside.

Obviously the iPhone took in as much light as it could, but the results are similar, though with more light, to what I could actually see.

The watches were just worn all day and the lume that shows is the result of that. The Reverso has no lume but shows how much contrast matters.

Rolex Explorer 1 39mm mk1

Name:  IMG_6385.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  15.8 KB

Sinn Damaszener

Name:  IMG_6400.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  30.3 KB

Rolex Submariner 41mm

Name:  IMG_6493.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  18.0 KB

JLC Reverso Classic Large

Name:  IMG_6484.jpg
Size:  16.6 KB

I was really surprised, both from my own eyes and in the photos, by how easy to read the Reverso is, even in terrible light.

I hope you guys find it as neat as I did.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    For your amusement.

I took these photos with an iPhone 12 with no manipulation of the program (I wouldn't know how) at around o'dark thirty in my living room. The only light is from street lights outside.

Obviously the iPhone took in as much light as it could, but the results are similar, though with more light, to what I could actually see.

The watches were just worn all day and the lume that shows is the result of that. The Reverso has no lume but shows how much contrast matters.

Rolex Submariner 41mm

Name:  IMG_6493.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  18.0 KB

JLC Reverso Classic Large

Name:  IMG_6484.jpg
Size:  16.6 KB

I was really surprised, both from my own eyes and in the photos, by how easy to read the Reverso is, even in terrible light.

I hope you guys find it as neat as I did.
    That's neat, but my money is still on the Sub at 100 ft in crap viz.

Site Supporter
    Name:  20230410_131659.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  32.4 KB

Fantastic, and thoroughly connoisseur.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Fantastic, and thoroughly connoisseur.
    Thanks. I'm a big fan of Grand Seiko. Switched to this to wear around the house for the night as I haven't had it out in awhile.

Name:  20230410_173332.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  38.1 KB

Site Supporter
    Spectacular.

Thanks. I'm a big fan of Grand Seiko. Switched to this to wear around the house for the night as I haven't had it out in awhile.

Name:  20230410_173332.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  38.1 KB
    Another cool marque.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List