Page 314 of 375 FirstFirst ... 214264304312313314315316324364 ... LastLast
Results 3,131 to 3,140 of 3748

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Sweet! I think I decided that the U2 wears too big for me. I’m hoping WatchBuys comes to DFW or Houston in 2023 so I can check out U1 and U50 firsthand.
    Have you looked at the Oris Aquis lineup? The new Cal 400 has a 5 day PR and at 41.5mm probably wears about the same as the U50. I have a 43.5 GMT but haven't seen the newer one in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Have you looked at the Oris Aquis lineup? The new Cal 400 has a 5 day PR and at 41.5mm probably wears about the same as the U50. I have a 43.5 GMT but haven't seen the newer one in person.
    Nice looking, but I limit myself to watches with 4:30 stems.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Nice looking, but I limit myself to watches with 4:30 stems.
    https://www.tudorwatch.com/en/watche...01/m70150-0001

The crown here is squarely at 4 o'clock, but then the Sinns don't have them at 4:30 either...

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    https://www.tudorwatch.com/en/watche...01/m70150-0001

The crown here is squarely at 4 o'clock, but then the Sinns don't have them at 4:30 either...
    Gorgeous - ok, I should have said offset crown.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Site Supporter
    Gorgeous - ok, I should have said offset crown.
    I love Tudor, have 2 of them. But if the U2 wears too big for you, look elsewhere lol. The P01 is a monster. Grand Seiko also has several sports models with 4 o'clock crowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I love Tudor, have 2 of them. But if the U2 wears too big for you, look elsewhere lol. The P01 is a monster. Grand Seiko also has several sports models with 4 o'clock crowns.
    I still want to concentrate on Sinn. My issue with U2 is thickness, not diameter - I think a U1 has promise. Plus, the UTC feature isn’t at all easy to read.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
    Rolex AD waiting lists actually work.
    New acquisition - I like how the light plays on the watch face/bezel:

My EDC for the past 3 years:
    I love the look.. I’m considering the bottom one for my first Rolex. I assume you’ve had a great experience with it since you’ve purchased a second one.

Is there anything specific I should know/look out for going into it?

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    I love the look.. I’m considering the bottom one for my first Rolex. I assume you’ve had a great experience with it since you’ve purchased a second one.

I like it for its relative light weight. I am not a watch "nerd" so I can't really say anything about time keeping properties. I do notice after a while it gets a few minutes behind and I have to adjust the time every month or so?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
    I like it for its relative light weight. I am not a watch "nerd" so I can't really say anything about time keeping properties. I do notice after a while it gets a few minutes behind and I have to adjust the time every month or so?
    Thanks - I was looking at the 41. I’ll have to call an AD and see if they laugh at me when I ask about lead time..

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post

A Rolex is one of the most trouble free mechanical watch out in the market nowadays.

Basically, you get it from your dealer, have it fitted to your wrist, set the time and that's it. Service it about a month or two before the original warranty expires (5 years) so you don't have to pay for that and after that service it every eight years or so (plenty of people have serviced their watch 15 or even twenty years after with no problems, except price, but it's best to keep to the Rolex preferred routine).

One thing to never do (with just about any mechanical watch) is try to change the date through the quick set date system (which I believe is pulling the crown to the second position on the Datejust) between the hours of 10 pm and 4 am, it would ruin the movement.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

User Tag List