Page 305 of 375 FirstFirst ... 205255295303304305306307315355 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,050 of 3743

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Site Supporter
    I just picked up this IWC Le Petite Prince last week. I’m loving the 43mm even with my small wrists.

Name:  68B2DA62-547C-4995-AD36-7B802985D88F.jpg
Views: 828
Size:  50.2 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    I just picked up this IWC Le Petite Prince last week. I’m loving the 43mm even with my small wrists.

Name:  68B2DA62-547C-4995-AD36-7B802985D88F.jpg
Views: 828
Size:  50.2 KB
    Name:  65AB3501-EDFC-46DA-99F6-1ABE7F98F820.jpg
Views: 770
Size:  22.8 KB
    Finally another gentleman of culture and tastes. I wish I could like that watch more than once. Mine gets here in 10-12 months hopefully. I really like the chrono though I ordered the three hander.

Nice Porsche as well. Spent the weekend up in the Appalachians and a couple of Porsche clubs must have been having an event; GT3s, 2s, and everything else was running around having a blast on the twisties.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    That thing looks the business. the Sub is overplayed in my area. I see it EVERYWHERE. Heck the pizza delivery guy had one the other week. I think that these days, lots of the Subs I see are generational gifts. Dads and Granddads passing down their watches (and that's awesome), but it makes the Sub overplayed. I've not seen another pelagos on someone else's wrist yet. Congrats, NPV. I think it's a fine choice
    Thank you, I agree with all of that. And furthermore the case on this watch (and the BB58 for that matter) wear better for me than even the slimmed down 41mm Sub. And I mean slimmed down compared to the previous maxi case references.

Site Supporter
    Name:  20220927_105600.jpg
Views: 703
Size:  38.8 KB

Is it too late for Speedy Tuesday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since I see a few chronometers:
    • Do people actually use the chronometer functionality?
    • How complicated are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
    I'm assuming you mean chronograph. Chronometer is basically the watch (measures time) and the chronograph is the "timer"

As to how complicated, that entirely depends on function sought. Some very high end watches have very complicated chronographs with many capabilities, some like the Moonwatch posted above are quite straightforward.

In the case of the Moonwatch, press the upper pusher to get the chronograph going, press it again to stop, press the lower pusher to reset. That's it.

A chronograph, having a more complicated movement inside the watch, tends to require more expensive servicing.

I use mine (when wearing one) quite a few times during the day; cooking, exercizing etc... Mind you, if I'm wearing a watch with a rotating bezel (like that of a dive watch), it serves just as easily to measure elapsed time for those activities.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Andy T View Post

I use mine somewhat frequently, but I don't wear the speedy that often. I'm inside of factories alot. So I'll time things, like the output or RPM of a machine. I'll time how long something takes to move on a conveyor, etc. The timer works like any other stopwatch. I'll visually key on something start the timer, stop it when I've suitably counted in my head, and multiply/divide the time to get to a RPM, FPM, etc.

The stopwatch function on my phone is as easy to use, but the watch is more discreet, especially if I'm in someone else's facility

As mentioned above, the dive bezel is really useful in the kitchen, keeping tabs on a parking meter, etc.

Tried a Breitling Avenger in black, and in blue on today.

I also tried an Omega 300M in Blue.

I liked the Breitling more I think. The Omegahad lines on the face and I didnt care for that at all. I did like the round indices.

The Breitling suited me pretty well. Definitely a competitor to the Pelagos in my mind, but I'd like to try on the new Pelagos 39. So far Breitling Avenger, Tudor Pelagos, and Rolex Submariner are the ones I've liked the most. The Breitling and Tudor are the only ones that are possibly in financial reach. I still have a long time before purchase, so I'll periodically keep trying things. I didnt head into the Tudor dealer, or the Rolex AD today. The Rolex AD had signs everywhere that watches were display only. Im not buying today and I've heard the waitlists are a crock of shit. My wife and son were tired, and so I didn't bother with the Tudor today. Another time.

Name:  1000000174.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  37.1 KBName:  1000000178.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  27.5 KBName:  1000000177.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  32.9 KBName:  1000000181.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  35.2 KB

So I’m getting close to purchasing another watch. Looking for anyone with experience or recommendations. Dive watch tool watches. Due to the laughable unavailability of Rolexes (Submariner and Sea Dweller), I’m looking strongly at the Omega Planet Ocean. I’ve worn a Rolex GMT Master, then a Breitling Aerospace. I’m currently going through a Seiko dive watch phase, wearing a Prospex Samurai Save the Ocean with blue face. I like the 44mm size, I like the metal bracelet (the tag end on rubber dive straps snags on crap and annoys me), I like the weight of a stainless watch. The Breitling titanium was almost too light. I like an automatic watch vice a quartz watch. I like the GMT function for flying. Transparent case back a plus to see the movement.

All this said, anyone have experience with the Omega Planet Ocean? Is a 16mm (17mm for GMT model) watch too thick? Did you bang it into crap all the time? My current Seiko Samurai is only 13mm thick. I’m on the fence regarding bracelet or rubber strap with deployant clasp.

I’ve tried on the 43mm Planet Ocean on a strap and on a bracelet, the Planet Ocean Deep Black with the 45mm ceramic case on a strap. Have not found the GMT PO 43mm x 17mm on a bracelet to try. Bonus points to the current Planet Ocean with black and orange on a rubber strap for Pistol Forum colors. The current GMT version is a bland black and white.

My local boutiques and dealers are hit or miss on inventory. If I have to go to Chrono24 or other online sources, and recommendations to use or avoid? Words of wisdom?

Current Seiko:
    Name:  D32A9B44-2072-4929-8E1E-2C2C12F53168.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  35.7 KB

Planet Ocean
    Name:  F10DA8EA-0F0D-4B0F-8BF8-FC231A973896.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  43.6 KB

Planet Ocean GMT
    Name:  99F841ED-3BC6-4775-BCFB-C30D9447CBDE.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  60.7 KB
    Last edited by Trigger; 10-21-2022 at 12:26 PM.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

User Tag List