Page 299 of 375 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299300301309349 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 3743

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    I was just fine owning cheap Seiko 5 automatics, or minimalist Russian Vostoks until I came under the influence of this thread....my first step down the new labyrinth of having a nice watch...

Attachment 91446
    This watch has great aesthetics but the thing that bothers me for any new watch in the age of laptops is magnetism. My favorite mechanical watch has become magnetized from the speaker that is near the left hand on my laptop. It took a long time to identify the problem with sudden poor timekeeping and then the source. So any new watch will have to have anti-magnetic properties which as far as I can find so far limits my choices to select models of Rolex's, Tudors, Balls, Sinn's, Damaskos and other higher end watches, more than I want to spend.

Although one can demagnetize a watch at least to some degree, it always seems to come back and never is completely demagnetized. It does affect accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashman View Post
    This watch has great aesthetics but the thing that bothers me for any new watch in the age of laptops is magnetism. My favorite mechanical watch has become magnetized from the speaker that is near the left hand on my laptop. It took a long time to identify the problem with sudden poor timekeeping and then the source. So any new watch will have to have anti-magnetic properties which as far as I can find so far limits my choices to select models of Rolex's, Tudors, Balls, Sinn's, Damaskos and other higher end watches, more than I want to spend.

Although one can demagnetize a watch at least to some degree, it always seems to come back and never is completely demagnetized. It does affect accuracy.
    Buy a piece with sufficient magnetic resistance

It’s a well advertised advance in material

Name:  20220802_082006.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  44.4 KB

I'm tired of spring bars breaking. I saw it happen this time, and picked up the watch. The Gshock my brother gave me made it like 3 years. This replacment made it less then a month.

I've got to figure out what I need to do, so this stops happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    Name:  20220802_082006.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  44.4 KB

I'm tired of spring bars breaking. I saw it happen this time, and picked up the watch. The Gshock my brother gave me made it like 3 years. This replacment made it less then a month.

How tight are you wearing your watches? I’ve never blown a spring bar before. Ever.

I'm tired of spring bars breaking.
    Get a watch without spring bars: https://www.bertucciwatches.com/Bertucci/A1SField.html

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    I'm tired of spring bars breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Bertucci is good, and the Tudor Pelagos FXD is available toward the other end of the budget range.

There are also watches that don't use bars at all, either spring or fixed. I have a Citizen "EcoZilla" that has a totally different (and extremely secure) attachment method.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/be...eco-zilla-300m

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    How tight are you wearing your watches? I’ve never blown a spring bar before. Ever.
    Tight enough to not slop around on my wrist, loose enough to be comfortable.

Any idea on where I can pickup a replacement spring bar that's the right size?

I liked the standard pelagos I tried on awhile back. The fxd might be appealing. I was looking forward to wearing a watch with bracelet for my first expensive watch but maybe thats a mistake on my part.

Same here, and this was what I did about it:
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Enlarging the holes in my Lum-Tec Combat B Bronze to fit Seiko Diver Fat Spring Bars

Spring bars
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0798SBBRN/

Mini hand drill kit
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08B4FD9VH/
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Went with the easy button. Swiss later...

Name:  IMG_0239.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  57.1 KB

I've never broken a springbar, and yet I've ripped apart some rubber bands. My guess is the rubber was compromised by chemicals and time, though. As for tough bars, the Panerai basically uses a shoulder bolt that screws in. No springs or multiple pieces. Just one bar that screws in from one lug to the other. It's not a budget friendly brand, but I do find them to be tough

User Tag List