Page 276 of 373 FirstFirst ... 176226266274275276277278286326 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,760 of 3727

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by il duce View Post
    the black and another blue
    I have the same black and blue combo and am thinking about sacrificing one to play around with; starting with the addition of a lumed bezel and seeing about upgrading the lume on the OEM dial. Although I'm tempered, at the end of the day I'd probably have enough money into the Duro that could be thrown at another endeavor.
    Last edited by PNWTO; 05-21-2022 at 12:02 AM.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    I have the same black and blue combo and am thinking about sacrificing one to play around with; starting with the addition of a lumed bezel and seeing about upgrading the lume on the OEM dial. Although I'm tempered, at the end of the day I'd probably have enough money into the Duro that could be thrown at another endeavor.
    Yeah if I can find a third on clearance at a Walmart which they sometimes go on I’m going to change the bezel up to an orange Omega PO one and replace the lume with superluminova. These two will probably get sapphire glass upgrades though.

Black one arrived today along with an orange strap for a PF variant for todays wear

Name:  1D71A46F-CA00-47BB-AD9F-1EB7AFEDD2A3.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  38.3 KB

I’m really starting to think I need to sell off quite a few of the Seikos and invest in a Sinn U-50. I was holding off for a natural finish tegmented blue dial bracelet version because I *really* like the look of the U-1 blue dial, but the fully tegmented on bracelet black dial with red details is really growing on me.

I’ve reached the point where the Apple Watch gets most of my everyday wear (I traded in for a Series 7 to gain always on dial) so having one really good watch and a very few others that I particularly like makes sense.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Name:  20220521_125411.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  28.3 KB

At this rate @Le Francais should be getting a sponsorship from Casio.

Here's my recently acquired Duro with navy blue nato. (Shamelessly copying one of La Francais's post earlier in the thread).

I really like this watch. It's far more accurate than my Seiko Black Monster.

What is the Glock 19 of watches?

My everyday watch is a Marathon General Purpose Quartz. "Resin case."
    My third, #1 a gift destroyed in The Incident, #2 a replacement in memory of the giver, since deceased.
    #3 a warranty replacement after #2 quit three weeks before the guarantee expired.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    There's no such thing. That'd be like asking what the Glock 19 of guns would be, or what the Glock 19 of cars would be. You would first need to narrow down what kind of watch, what niche you want to dig into, just like with guns you'd need to define a handgun, service rifle, hunting rifle, etc., or with a car you'd have to stipulate if you're looking for a farm truck, a daily commuter, a family car, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    There's no such thing. That'd be like asking what the Glock 19 of guns would be, or what the Glock 19 of cars would be. You would first need to narrow down what kind of watch, what niche you want to dig into, just like with guns you'd need to define a handgun, service rifle, hunting rifle, etc., or with a car you'd have to stipulate if you're looking for a farm truck, a daily commuter, a family car, etc.
    I think there's an argument to be made that a classic G-shock Square model would be a good choice.

I'd have to agree with what @Default.mp3 offered and believe that Timex and/or Casio has solutions for most people without drifting into fashion accessories.

That said, I would offer up the Marathon Navigator for review:
    • Lightweight.
    • Affordable. (-ish)
    • Great dial and tritium lume.
    • Bombproof and accurate quartz movement.
    • Decent WR for the average joe.
    • Second timezone capability.

J.Crew even has limited edition version in a "louder" color scheme.

Obviously, if you don't desire an analog watch or a smart device then a G-Shock is the obvious winner.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

The Rolex Submariner.

Name:  2F26B96B-0F43-4D1A-BCCD-5AC6F94EA774.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  49.4 KB
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

User Tag List