Page 255 of 372 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257265305355 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 3715

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Please share the info for this said group!!
    Check watchuseek or watch recon.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Check watchuseek or watch recon.
    I’m familiar. I was hoping there really was a watch equivalent of PF. Sad face

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Having said that, I cannot help but wonder if Tudor (being part of Rolex) will ultimately retain significantly more value over time.
    That's doubtful, as far as I can tell. Tudor, whether it deserves it or not, is still seen as "baby Rolex". They do more reinventing of themselves (e.g. BB58) and experimenting than Rolex will ever do and their watches are immediately available (or close to that) but they can't compete with Omega as far as depth of history, tech (though Tudor is closing that gap) and variety. Omega will still be considered a unique and great brand with cachet; Tudor, undeservedly, probably won't (though they are trying and doing a pretty good job of it so far).

Just my take, mind you, and the future could very well make a fool out of me, as it has many time before.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    As for the particular watch linked, I am not a fan of that patina look absent it being on a more vintage watch.

I fully acknowledge reasonable minds can differ re any “points” I have made above.
    I tend to agree with you but for this watch. In a sense, this model is vintage. Unlike the the SMP 300 which came out in the early 90s (or was it the late 80s?), this model is the updated version of Omega's 1957 diver. It is meant to have a retro feel along with a modern capability; it is past and present for Omega, so I think the fauxtina works well here.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Just for $hits and Gi👀les I ordered a Zealande rubber watch band for my Seamaster. Fit and finish are extraordinary, as if made by Omega for the case…. A bit pricey, but I suppose, you get what you pay for. https://zealande.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjw...xoCDXoQAvD_BwE
    Name:  8A486AC1-B1F4-49FB-B205-97B8EEBCCC14.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  69.7 KB

Any of you watch guys ever do business with City Watches in the UK?

https://www.citywatches.co.uk/

I'm after a Seiko automatic they show in stock at a fair price.

Have you tried https://www.seiyajapan.com
    Quote Originally Posted by tango-papa View Post
    Any of you watch guys ever do business with City Watches in the UK?

https://www.citywatches.co.uk/

I'm after a Seiko automatic they show in stock at a fair price.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    Just for $hits and Gi👀les I ordered a Zealande rubber watch band for my Seamaster. Fit and finish are extraordinary, as if made by Omega for the case…. A bit pricey, but I suppose, you get what you pay for.
    If I end up keeping my Aqua Terra 38 I plan on getting one of these in blue for it.
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    . I just hope it has an analog clock face mode.
    Many. I typically run a pilot face.
    Ignore Alien Orders

I took it to the Antique Roadshow.
    They told me it was worth a boat load...

Second hand smoother than Cool Hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    Just for $hits and Gi👀les I ordered a Zealande rubber watch band for my Seamaster. Fit and finish are extraordinary, as if made by Omega for the case…. A bit pricey, but I suppose, you get what you pay for. https://zealande.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjw...xoCDXoQAvD_BwE
    Name:  8A486AC1-B1F4-49FB-B205-97B8EEBCCC14.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  69.7 KB
    Been looking hard at the white one or a black one on rubber myself. Plan on trying some on soon. Went and tried on a Tudor bb gmt on strap, left hand drive pelagos and a 43mm IWC chrono on bracelet. I didn’t like the left hand drive colors. Gmt was cool but hated the strap. Loved the iwc on wrist. Expensive.

User Tag List