Page 251 of 375 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301351 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 3743

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    I am leaning more towards Sinn b/c I'm not a guy that needs to dress for work. I think the Tudor, for an everyday watch, just doesn't fit my EDC profile. I just think the Tudor is a really nice watch in that "dressier for me" category. The Sinn seems to be a really solid EDC and can be dressed up a bit or down with the bracelet vs the leather or a NATO, of which I have plenty. My current EDC is a Seiko SRPC93.

Overall I dig the blue dials and silver/stainless color combo. If ya'll find another watch I should consider, then I'm all ears.
    Then go do it and enjoy! :-)

Don’t forget to post pics!
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Tisas and Timex.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    I am under peer pressure to go electronic. A friend's mother in law and uncle had strokes and laid alone for hours before they were found. They might have been saved or at least spared some misery if noticed and treated right away. So she is urging me to get an Apple Watch with SOS Fall Alert. I probably will and save the Omega for fine dining and the Marathon for shooting.
    With my bad ankle, stairs and now that I’m living alone again, I’ve been thinking about doing the same.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I am under peer pressure to go electronic. A friend's mother in law and uncle had strokes and laid alone for hours before they were found. They might have been saved or at least spared some misery if noticed and treated right away. So she is urging me to get an Apple Watch with SOS Fall Alert. I probably will and save the Omega for fine dining and the Marathon for shooting.
    https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2021/09/...h-details.html

– Added Fall Detection During Workouts: They specifically called out cycling within the keynote as a new fall detection area

I... just doesn't fit my EDC profile.
    what's your EDC profile/style?

I'm blue jeans and an untucked button down with brown boots for 90% of the time I'm out of the house.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    what's your EDC profile/style?

I'm blue jeans and an untucked button down with brown boots for 90% of the time I'm out of the house.
    Jeans and a t-shirt or white pajamas [emoji51] I can wear "proper clothes" to the dojo, but only my wife and I see me in street clothes and my watch most days.

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Jeans and a t-shirt or white pajamas [emoji51] I can wear "proper clothes" to the dojo, but only my wife and I see me in street clothes and my watch most days.

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk
    That's pretty much me as well and I tend to wear a Submariner or a GMT every day, so I wouldn't worry about looking "too dressy" unless you're wearing something from the "holy trinity".

ETA.: just to be clear, I'm not trying to convince you to avoid the Sinn. It's an excellent watch that should make you very happy; I'm just saying that luxury divers like the Tudor aren't particularly dressy (they go with work clothes just as easily as with a 3 piece suit)

for example:

:-)
    Last edited by Wondering Beard; 10-07-2021 at 05:41 PM.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    That's pretty much me as well and I tend to wear a Submariner or a GMT every day, so I wouldn't worry about looking "too dressy" unless you're wearing something from the "holy trinity".
    This is where I was going too. A sub or BB is "casual".

On one of the watch forums, there was a thread of people wearing an automatic on one wrist and electronic on the other. Some of those fitbits, etc can probably provide similar alert functionality but are less obtrusive than an Apple watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
    On one of the watch forums, there was a thread of people wearing an automatic on one wrist and electronic on the other. Some of those fitbits, etc can probably provide similar alert functionality but are less obtrusive than an Apple watch.
    I think the Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 and Watch 4 Classic have fall detection, and a more “analog” appearance.

I know zip about smartwatches, but I’d guess the Samsung would be a better match for an Android phone. If you’re already in the Apple system the Apple Watch probably makes sense.

User Tag List